Medicinal Mushrooms – Can Our Pets Eat Them?
Did you know that medicinal mushrooms (we are not talking about the ones that grow on the side of the walking trail) have been used for many years to support humans and animals. Some of the mushrooms have been even called the mushrooms of immortality.
In veterinary medicine they have been used to
- Activate immune system
- Cancer prevention and therapy
- Geriatric medicine
- Prevention of degenerative diseases, and much more.
In this webinar Dr. Ihor Basko joined us to discuss the use of medicinal mushrooms to help your pets. Let’s learn how this potent nature miracle can enhance our and our pet’s lives.
- 00:00 Introductions
- 04:15 Intro to mushrooms
- 05:30 Benefits of mushrooms
- 10:45 Research on mushrooms
- 13:20 Nutritional benefits
- 19:00 Reishi / gannoderma / medicinal uses
- 41:00 Cordyceps / Caterpillar mushroom
- 55:50 How to administer mushrooms
- 59:15 Mushroom resources
- 1:07:45 Q&A: Feeding fresh mushrooms
- 1:11:50 Q&A: Mushrooms and diabetes
- 1:13:15 Q&A: Anemia
- 1:15:15 Consultations with Dr. Basko