• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Need help to gain weight

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Do you have any lab results between April and now?

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
Harper Lee still seems ok. He put her on Clavamox 500 mg po BID X 14 days - so I have to put goats milk on her food and crumbled up Open Farm lamb for her to eat it.

The group says the Vitamin A in the Five Leaf is bad! Is it?

What about stem cells? Is that an option? She is still herself and I want to keep her that way as long as possible. So much doom and gloom

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
The group says the Vitamin A in the Five Leaf is bad! Is it?
Rena-Cleanse

Ingredients: Juniper berries, Uva Ursi leaf, Horsetail herb, Burdock root and seed, Pipsissewa leaf, Parsley leaf and root, Goldenrod flower tops and Marshmallow root.

These ingredients seem fine to me. Additional vit A could potentially be more of an issue.
What about stem cells? Is that an option?
Sure, tho I'm not aware of any successes in dogs.

Are you already working with energetic practitioners (like a vet homeopath) to stimulate her natural healing abilities?

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
Rena-Cleanse

Ingredients: Juniper berries, Uva Ursi leaf, Horsetail herb, Burdock root and seed, Pipsissewa leaf, Parsley leaf and root, Goldenrod flower tops and Marshmallow root.

These ingredients seem fine to me. Additional vit A could potentially be more of an issue.

Sure, tho I'm not aware of any successes in dogs.

Are you already working with energetic practitioners (like a vet homeopath) to stimulate her natural healing abilities?
I have made 2 appointments with one I like but he has had to cancel them both due to illness. I am trying to find another one. Is there anywhere I should look for one?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
I'm sorry about the cancellations because of illness and hope everything is OK now. Perhaps that vet homeopath can still help you? Or look at:

Thanks again Dr. Jeff. I hope the vet is ok too. He is a pioneer in your field.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Mika!

Would you be comfortable sharing the name of the vet homeopath?

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
I got the second page today

Attachments

• Harper Riley ulrasound page#2 November 2022.pdf
    208.8 KB · Views: 1

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Mika!

How is Harper Lee doing?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I did see it but there wasn't anything on it that would be helpful.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
None that I could recommend.

Perhaps consult a certified vet homeopath in addition to Dr. Tiekart's holistic treatment.

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
I just received these results. These are from the second ultrasound at the end of June.

IMG_6811.jpeg

IMG_6812.jpeg

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
He simply texted me those and said nothing. There is no treatment plan. No nothing that is from her conventional vet.

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
Hello,

Can anyone make sense of these labs for me? The new labs from 7/18/23 are after 14 days of Clavomox. I also started AH binder after the first labs. Harper Lee is not spayed and usually goes in season in the summer if that matters. Why is he BUN so high?
Thank you!
Mika

Attachments

• Riley-Roff_Harper Lee.pdf
    161.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Harper 6-29_23.pdf
    947.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Harper 6-29_23 page 2.pdf
    505.3 KB · Views: 1

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Can anyone make sense of these labs for me?
Sure, I think this is fun stuff to do (seriously)
Why is he BUN so high?
It's really not. It is proportional to her creatinine. It's actually quite a bit lower than it was a few weeks ago.

Conventionally, protein restriction would be the first thought. It might be a good thing to try as long as it doesn't decrease her happiness from food.

If you're not already doing so, strongly consider working with a classical vet homeopath in addition to Dr. Tiekart's great work.

IMHO your goal now is to maintain Harper Lee's quality of life and happiness for as long as possible. A great vet care team, with you as the quarterback, will do that.

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
OK. How can I get these things better? Harper still is not showing any symptoms which I am glad of but I think I am still just doing some thing not quite right.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom