• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

GPS tracker tag suggestion for my cat please. ??

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello friends,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a gps tracker tag I can put on my cat’s collar? I’m going to start letting him go back out again. Thank you!!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Gosh darn it, I'm going to be a party pooper and say that if I had a cat presently, no way would I encourage him to go outside, especially unsupervised. So much can go sideways. Would you consider constructing him a "catio" or other sort of outdoor exposure? And, also, increase the amount of stimulation you provide him indoors. Honestly, I think his "quality time" spent with you is worth far more to his wellbeing. Yes, lots of cats go outside, but how many can really take care of themselves and avoid other animals, bad folks, cars, etc - and could you stand being the mom to one who loses life or becomes injured thusly? Even if he wore a tag, could you always get to him, let alone deal with his predators? Yeah, I'm a bit overprotective, perhaps - but I'll take it, if his life is in my hands.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Boy Ginny, those are such true words! When I was working in the inner city of Boston, indoor cats had average life spans of 12+. Outdoor cat life spans were about half of that.

Are you in a rural area Anna?

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Boy Ginny, those are such true words! When I was working in the inner city of Boston, indoor cats had average life spans of 12+. Outdoor cat life spans were about half of that.

Are you in a rural area Anna?
I live in the city in a residential area. I wouldn’t let him out daily.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
In a city, I wouldn't let him out *at all* unsupervised. Harness and leash, or catio (fully enclosed are). Nationally, the average lifespan of an indoor cat is 12-15 year s, outdoor cats <5 years.

A cat that has never been outdoors doesn't know the difference. In my experience, it's best not to let them find out otherwise! :oops:

If you think letting a cat out once in a while will satisfy the cat, that could come back to haunt you. You could just create a expectant monster who will stand at the door and yell, day and night, forever.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom