• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Insurance for my cat

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello friends, I don’t see a section in the forum to ask about your opinion on pet insurance. I have ASPCA for my cat. I haven’t really got any reimbursements back from them. I pay $62 per month and it’s going up. I’m thinking of canceling as I’m not doing too well financially. Is it really worth it to have it? Maybe more for emergency visits? I appreciate your personal experience and feedback. Thank you!!

Anna

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Good for you, Anna, to want insurance and I also think it is confusing, just like human health insurance. Dr. Kent Kruse did a great talk for us, giving many resources to help decide. It still is a challenge with limited funds. Emergency visits, surgery and especially regular diagnostic testing can make the long term investment well worth it. He said that very few in the US are insured, but I think he said over 50% were insured in Sweden and the % were up there in other european countries. 10/3/22 was Dr. Kruse webinar.

10 03 2022 EMPOWER HOUR! PET INSURANCE

I know many members have insurance, so hopefully they will chime in.

Dr. Christina

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Good for you, Anna, to want insurance and I also think it is confusing, just like human health insurance. Dr. Kent Kruse did a great talk for us, giving many resources to help decide. It still is a challenge with limited funds. Emergency visits, surgery and especially regular diagnostic testing can make the long term investment well worth it. He said that very few in the US are insured, but I think he said over 50% were insured in Sweden and the % were up there in other european countries. 10/3/22 was Dr. Kruse webinar.

10 03 2022 EMPOWER HOUR! PET INSURANCE

I know many members have insurance, so hopefully they will chime in.

Dr. Christina

I actually was on that webinar when Dr. Kruse spoke. I need to listen to it again. Thank you

Betty

VIP Member
Registered
Maybe increase your deductible and decrease coverage percentage. If you cat hasn't had any issues then try another insurance provider.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom