• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat vomits almost immediately after eating

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
We finally got Sugarfoot onto dehydrated raw food first
Wonderful! You may want to stick with that for a week or more before you introduce anything else.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
The "rule" is, whenever changing foods, if you get a bad reaction, you back off to the previous step for a few days. Going from half to all in one step is likely way too much. Usually you need to stay at a step for several days if not a week before *gradually* increasing.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes! And FWIW I've had many clients to whom I advise a 1-2 week diet transition but they opt to do it in 1-2 days (without any problems).

Especially when there are appetite issues, and the new food is a welcome change...

DeborahF

Community Member
Registered
We have been giving Sugarfoot Thuja 30 c as instructed daily since 10/13. How long can we use a particular "batch" of a remedy? Does it need to be remade every so often?

I did send a patient update form to Dr. Jeff as instructed. We also have a followup appointment scheduled.

We are still experiencing vomiting immediately after eating, (actually had one vomiting incident before he was actually finished with his meal), every 3-5 days; the last interval without vomiting was 5.75 days. He is UNABLE to hold food down if we give him additional food until roughly 2 hours have passed.

We have retreated back to using rehydrated raw food for the time being. We have increased the amount from 2 tablespoons to 2.5 tablespoons per meal (feeding 4 meals per day) . We would like to try to get him down to 3 meals per day; any suggestions as the best way to approach this? He is maintaining his weight of 9 lbs; BEAM is good except for some timidity. We are trying to make life joyful and positive.

As Dr. Jean pointed out, we see now that we went to 100% frozen raw (from 50%) too quickly!!

Many thanks,

Deborah

@Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Take your time. Increase amount of food by a skitch (technical veterinary term) every few days. Do not rush! I know it's frustrating but we have to let his body dictate the pace. As long as his weight is stable we're golden!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom