• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Urotherapy for dogs?

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I was interested to know if this topic has been covered for healing and for general health. I did try it a few times with Blossom putting some of her own urine in her food. It was curious to me since we just watched a cancer webinar recently but nobody ever mentions this. I find it has potential with the stem cells and isn't it like structured water? Some have even referred to it as homeopathy. I read one thing online of some couple that gave it to their dog for some disease but these folks gave their own urine to their dog and I thought that odd that it would do anything since it was not the dog's own urine so it was almost not credible to me. I figured I would try it with Blossom since she licks pee anyway on walks. Anyway I only gave it a few times but she does have the energy of a dog her age now. So who knows.....

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I will suspend disbelief - but this would be a big "no" for me. Nothing wrong with it, no "ick"factor - but I don't see a huge benefit. There are ever so many simple good things to improve vitality I just wouldn't see the need. And this practice has nothing to do with classical homeopathy, which is habitually confused with all sorts of modalities. Yeah, not credible.... stick with great food and lots of love.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Nope. And there appears to be only one original source for urotherapy. This is the quote from the Old Testament of the Bible:

"Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well",

Here are a few potential "benefits" from Wikipedia:

Urinating on jellyfish, wasp or bee stings, sunburns, cuts, and blood vessel bursts is a common "folk remedy",[18] however Scientific American reports that it may be counterproductive, as it can activate nematocysts remaining at the site of the sting, making the pain worse.[19]

Urine and urea have been claimed by some practitioners to have an anti-cancer effect, and urotherapy has been offered along with other forms of alternative therapy in some cancer clinics in Mexico.[20]

In the Arabian Peninsula, bottled camel urine is sold by vendors, as prophetic medicine with its claimed urine therapy, health benefits.[21][22][23] Saudi police arrested a man, "because the urine in the bottles was his own".[24]

In January 2022, Christopher Key, a spreader of COVID-19 misinformation, claimed that urine therapy is the antidote to the COVID-19 pandemic.[25] Key also falsely claims that a 9-month research trial on urine therapy has been conducted.[26] There is no scientific evidence supporting urine therapy as a cure to the COVID-19 disease.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom