• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Suki's skin scratching, Cytopoint, and what to do?

FatimahM

Registered
Suki came back from the hospital yesterday at 5pm. I sent you her records via email. Today, I took her to get another test and she is much better -- she ate some food (homemade chicken with kale, carrots, zucchini and little bit of rice. Her glands seem to be a little less today (I noticed them a few days ago, 3 or 4 days ago. She is not scratching as much, but is licking her paws which is basically her past time activity when she is not sleeping. She is typically a little bit more energized after her meal. She was still having bloody diarrhea this morning but have not had another movement since then. I am waitiing for the local vet to send me her notes and will forward them to you once I get them. I have to take her back to do the CBC test in a week. Is there anything I should do at this point? I feel I should wait to give the new remedy until she is more stable from her episode yesterday. Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

FatimahM

Registered
Sorry I missed your call. Suki seems better today. She ate some food and her favorite treat. Have not seen her stool since this morning so no diarrhea with blood since this morning. Will keep an eye. Her blood test today was better than yesterday but still not completely normal. Waiting to get that from the vet.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
That's wonderful to hear that she's had no further diarrhea and that she's eating!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fatimah-

Thanks for our chat just now and for the info!

Just to the right of your picture at the top right of this forum page is a little envelope icon where you can send private messages to just me (or anyone else on the forum).

FatimahM

Registered
Hi Dr Jeff,
I left a couple of messages on the private forum and sent you an email with the results of Suki’s blood test. Just wanted to make sure you got all of them. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Fatimah!

Thanks for pointing this out Fatimah!

I just replied to your message and am going to look for the VDI results now.

FatimahM

Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,
I have a question about my other dog Nico (3 yr old male chihuahua) who is very healthy. We were in NY recently and he got two bites from ticks possibly and we took him to the local vet for a blood test today. It’s been about 11 days since the bites and they are refusing to touch him because his 1st and last rabies vaccination was about 2 years ago. Do we have to get him vaccinated for rabies and if so, what are the consequences if any. OR is there something else we can give him prophylactically for possible Lyme.
I would really appreciate your input on this. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Fatimah!

Great questions!
Do we have to get him vaccinated for rabies
By law, yes.
and if so, what are the consequences if any.
Oh boy (that would be a super long answer). Perhaps take a look at the HA! vaccine ebook or one of the webinars about vaccination (like the ones from Dr. Dodds).
OR is there something else we can give him prophylactically for possible Lyme.
Yes! There's lots of natural ways to prevent Lyme or any other infection.

These start by keeping his inner terrain and balance in tip TOP shape:

You can also use many effective essential oils as tick repellants such as those from animaleo.com and HA! adjunct faculty Dr. Melissa Shelton (search in HA! for her great webinars). Earth Animal, Dr. Dobias, etc. also have great tick preventatives.

Lastly, learn more about Lyme prevention, diagnosis and treatment with the bigger picture about Lyme in the HA! Lyme course.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Fatimah!

FatimahM

Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff, I have the Allergy Support from your store. How much should I have Suki (8 lbs) and how often for her itching of the skin, paws, eyes, etc?
Can you recommend anything for excessive licking of paws?
Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Fatimah!

Maybe start the Allergy Support with just a pinch once since Suki's so sensitive. Then increase to 2/day.

The best thing for her paws is for us to decrease her overall itching tendency homeopathically (I bet you knew I was going to say that!).

Topically, perhaps try soaking and massaging them in warm Epsom salt soaks. Or you can try soaking them in water with Dr. Bronner's lavender soap.

What have you tried so far? Have you used this:

FatimahM

Registered
I use the topical spray on her which is helpful but not on her paws— will try it. I have used the aloe Vera but it did not stop her from itching. I like the soaking idea. Also just got some licorice tincture so will try that too. Just got the Mercurius 30c but was waiting for.an opportunity to use it because I did not want to increase more symptoms with the remedy. She seems to be fairly stable now and doing a bit better than before, but is having hay fever like symptoms- lot of rubbing on the eyes, so I will try the remedy tomorrow. Thank you!!

FatimahM

Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff, Just wanted to let you know I sent you an email with some pictures of Suki's condition today. Please take a look and let me know what I can do for her at this point. Tx.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Fatimah!

Have you also sent a recent web form update? That will help us decide what to do.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

FatimahM

Registered
Thank you for that. I looked everywhere but was not able to find the web update form on my own, LOL! Just sent it off to you. BTW, I read that sweet potatoes are bad for dogs, is it true?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom