• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Suki's skin scratching, Cytopoint, and what to do?

FatimahM

Registered
My female chihuahua is 3 1/2 years old. She has allergies since 6 months. About 1 1/2 week ago, she was given silica 30c by Dr. Jeff. It has been 8 days - she seems a bit better (mood and energy) first couple of days, then she had a tea tree oil shower, and maybe that antidoted her remedy. Since then she is back to her old self. It's been almost 6 weeks since her cytopoint injection. Normally this is the time for her to get another shot. She has been scratching her neck so much, it is looking very bad - I am afraid she may have an infection there. I do not have an appointment with dr. jeff until this Friday. What should I do -- I am thinking I have to take her to a local vet.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Fatimah!

Was the shower stressful? Was the odor of the tea tree very strong? Essential oils do not necessarily antidote remedies.

Has her itch level or other symptoms changed this week?

Any new/different discharges (these are often good signs)?

Topical (on her neck) hydrogen peroxide, aloe, calendula, etc. are all things you can use at home to help soothe her skin and decrease secondary infection.

Regarding your vet visit, I think you should do whatever makes you most comfortable.

FatimahM

Registered
The shower was not streeful - the tea tree soap is strong in the sense that teatree has a very strong smell. It's the Bronner's brand. The itch level is about what I would expect at this time when the Cytopoint is worn off (6 weeks), but it's the worst on the neck that I have ever seen. I normally do not allow it to get this bad. No discharges that I noticed. I will do the aloe vera - i have put calendula and wrapped it with a gauze. If it does heal somewhat overnight, I will try to hang in there until we talk to you on Fri. Thank you

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great! Do you have Sil 6c?

FatimahM

Registered
I was not able to obtain the silica 6c today, but will get it tomorrow. I had to take her to the local vet today. Will talk to you tomorrow. Thank you dr. Jeff!

FatimahM

Registered
It’s been 5 days since she took 4 doses of silica 6c as was recommended by Dr. Jeff. She seems to be a little more responsive and energetic, 15-20%? She had a flare up of the bumps on her back for a day and that seems to have subsided. Still has her regular scabs and itches but am cautiously optimistic. Her eating is about the same. Considering we are starting the 6th week after the cytopoint injection (1/12 last shot), I think she is doing better. Using aloe Vera on her scabs and itches and it seems to be somewhat helpful.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
That's a wonderful improvement to see so far!

If her BEAM does not continue to improve, then perhaps return to daily dosing (until she is doing better).

FatimahM

Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff, Is there something I could give or put on her skin to give some relief when she goes into an itching frenzy where she cannot stop and starts breaking her skin? My husband started to put the ssssting stop Boericke & Tafel® Ssssting Stop® Gel | Nature's Way® which seems to give her a little relief, but has citronella which I am concerned about antidoting her remedy. The itching seems worst in bed at night or when she wakes in the mornings. Please advise. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

FatimahM

Registered
IS it OK to use essential oils in Calm 'N Soothe along with homeopathic remedy?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes! They're subtle smelling and typically will not antidote the remedy.

FatimahM

Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,
I have tried everything you have recommended so far, except the stem gel which went to the wrong address, so I am waiting for that. But her itching is so bad, she is constantly at it - she can hardly even walk, without stopping and having to itch. Her body is just covered with little bumps, scabs, scales all over, especially on her back. She is constantly chewing her legs, feet, etc. and her eyes are red, inflamed and itchy. It's been almost 8 weeks since her last cytopoint injection and I am trying to hold out for as long as i can. She is taking 6c Silica daily, but not sure it's doing anything for her. The only thing she is doing OK is her meal around 5pm which she eats most of the time and her smoothie with Kachava and blueberries and green powder in the morning and evening. Is there anything else I can do to give her some relief from the incessant itching?
I made an appointment with you for Monday, but I don't know if we can hold out without giving her some relief until then. Please advise. Thank you!

FatimahM

Registered
She sleep pretty much all day except to eat, go to the bathroom. I take her out for quick 5 min walks around the house but she is not eager to move around much. We had bad red tide situation so we could not spend much time outdoors. When inside, she cuddles up and sleeps all day.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about Suki's high itch level.

How many succussions of the Sil are you using?

Have you tried dosing twice/day?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
And perhaps also increase to 15 succussions.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom