• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Scouts paw

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
This is my daughters raw fed 4 years old Austrailian Shepherd. He has just developed this licking and irritation on his paw. She wants to help him holistically but her vet told her they would want to put him on oral flea tick med if it doesn’t get better. I reminded her that it is up to her what she gives him. I first thought of Sarcoptic mange but I would think he would have it elsewhere?
Thanks

71734550630__6092C7F4-1677-420A-8A18-32F7A202D5D9.jpeg

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
This is my daughters raw fed 4 years old Austrailian Shepherd. He has just developed this licking and irritation on his paw. She wants to help him holistically but her vet told her they would want to put him on oral flea tick med if it doesn’t get better. I reminded her that it is up to her what she gives him. I first thought of Sarcoptic mange but I would think he would have it elsewhere?
Thanks

71734550630__6092C7F4-1677-420A-8A18-32F7A202D5D9.jpeg
She just updated that it’s all four feet

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Unlikely to be Sarcoptic mange, in my experience. I would be thinking of a topical problem. Did it start on one foot, or all at once? Can you get her to switch to a holistic vet?

There are a lot of topical soothing approaches listed in Non member login - Holistic Actions! that she could try.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
One thing to consider is when he is walked, is the leash attached to a collar? That can irritate nerves in the spine and neck that feed the paws and cause itching and pain (though more likely to be forepaws and not rear). If so, switch to a harness. But also paw itching is very often allergy related, so that will take some investigating.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
and remember that "allergy" is really not itching caused by an allergin - it is an imbalanced energy field that is sensitive to an allergin. When balanced, no symptoms need to be produced.

Dr.Christina

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
and remember that "allergy" is really not itching caused by an allergin - it is an imbalanced energy field that is sensitive to an allergin. When balanced, no symptoms need to be produced.

Dr.Christina
Honestly when he is walked he has a harness but he is mostly playing in their large backyard that is next to a farm. They have chickens that free roam in the daytime. Chicken poop? He has eaten same raw since he was a puppy and doesn't’ get table food because he has a sensitive stomach.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Good to use a harness. Do you walk him every day as well as let him play? That is important and a chance to observe him as well as helping the relationship.

I do not think chicken poop is the problem. If he has eaten the same raw food since a puppy, it would be good to rotate it.

Having a sensitive stomach is one of the symptoms of internal imbalance. Healthy dogs can eat pretty much anything.

Dr. Christina

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
Good to use a harness. Do you walk him every day as well as let him play? That is important and a chance to observe him as well as helping the relationship.

I do not think chicken poop is the problem. If he has eaten the same raw food since a puppy, it would be good to rotate it.

Having a sensitive stomach is one of the symptoms of internal imbalance. Healthy dogs can eat pretty much anything.

Dr. Christina
I meant same raw but varies protein often.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom