• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Risk of Return of Symptoms in homeopathy

AliceR

Registered
Hello,
You may have read some of my earlier posts about my 12 year old dog, Reese. In 2015, he had a splenectomy, recommended by my previous holistic vet, because he was not making RBC's and also had low platelets.

After being a member of HA and getting some answers from the homeopathic docs, I decided to have Reese work with a homeopathic vet. When I explained his conditions, though his BEAM is good now, and physically he is hypothyroid and perhaps has discoid lupus, the vet I contacted asked if I would be prepared to have him die because of homeopathic treatment due to a return of his past symptoms. The vet also emphasized that he thinks homeopathy is the best modality but he wanted me to be aware of the possibility.

I am trying to consider my decision carefully. If any of the homeopathic vets out there would like to respond to the possibility of ROS, I would appreciate it. I understand the thinking. He was saying that the splenectomy could have been a suppressive treatment and that since the disease was suppressed, it is actually still there.

Thank you,
Alice

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
In my opinion, while the vital force can sometimes react to an incorrect remedy and cause serious symptoms, they can usually be resolved with the next remedy choice.

Yes, there can be a ROS, but that is, if the correct remedy, accompanied by improved BEAM and the symptoms are rarely life threatening.

Love to get the input from Dr. Jeff and Dr. Sara.

Alice, you may want to think of working with Dr. Jeff or Dr. Herman as your vet homeopath.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I agree 100% with Dr. Christina and think the risk:benefit ratio still favors working homeopathically. Any ROS should be transient and can be worked through homeopathically.

They are usually awe-some signs of healing during treatment, and rarely are much of a problem (if dealt with homeopathically).

Dr. Sara

VIP Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
I agree with Dr. Christina and Dr. Jeff.
In homeopathic treatment, it is incredibly important to observe the patient's symptoms, and use the minimum dose of homeopathic medicine to improve the patient's health.
In my practice, and in my two and four legged family's homeopathic treatment journey, I have had aggravations. Some have been unpleasant, none have been life threatening or even dangerous.
It is certainly POSSIBLE to have a life threatening aggravation. Careful prescribing, attention to dosing, and close observation of symptoms will prevent the occurrence of most aggravations, and allow for speedy resolution if they do occur.
Stay well,
Sara

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom