• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathy question involving pharmaceuticals

ChristinaP

Registered
Hello,
My cat has had a feeding tube for 6 weeks, and it has taken this long to consult with a homeopathic vet. Cappuccine had a dose of Cerenia on Monday, and then she vomited today, so we gave her another dose. I would like to begin the homeopathic remedies today, but I have no idea how long I need to wait to give it to her, since I think Cerenia might be affected by the homeopathic remedy...? I tried calling the Dr Loops' office today, but unfortunately they are closed on Friday. While waiting for a response, I thought I would reach out here for a response.

The good news is that the window between doses of Cerenia has slowly expanded.
Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm glad to hear that Cuppuccine is making progress.
how long I need to wait to give it to her, since I think Cerenia might be affected by the homeopathic remedy...?
A few hours after the Cerenia is OK to dose the remedy.

How often will you be giving it?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
The effects of some drugs may be affected by a remedy, but it should not be a problem with Cerenia. And Dr. Loops is very good working with animals who are also on drugs, so you can go ahead and start it now. Dr. Jeff has a good point to wait a few hours between doses.

Be sure you are keeping a journal of all symptoms, past and present. You can download the one at HA!

Dr. Christina

ChristinaP

Registered
I'm glad to hear that Cuppuccine is making progress.

A few hours after the Cerenia is OK to dose the remedy.

How often will you be giving it?
How many hours should I wait? I gave it at 9:30 am...and hopefully the homeopathic remedy will eliminate the need to use it again.

I will be alternating between one preparation and another. 2x per day for each, morning and night.

ChristinaP

Registered
Thank you so much!!! I realize that homeopathics do not affect the traditional, but the traditional affects the homeopathics.

ChristinaP

Registered
I have another question about the instructions. It seems that when I am beginning something new for Cappuccine, I get concerned about getting things wrong...and Dr. Loops doesn't appear to be reading email this weekend. I wonder if you can tell me whether I am interpreting these instructions correctly: "Give one dose morning and night, every other day, on alternating days of the Carduus marianus 6X and the Lycopodium 30C/Chelidonium majus LM/3 Combo."

Is he instructing me to give (for example) Carduus marianus one day and Lycopodium/Chelidonium majus LM/3 Combo the following day, and alternate between one and the other, such that Monday: Carduus m. Tuesday: Lycopodium combo. Wednesday: back to Carduus m. Thursday: Lycopodium combo...etc. ?

I am embarrassed to be asking this, but I don't want to do something stupid, so my not wanting to do something stupid is stronger than my being embarrassed :)

Christina

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Yep, I think that's correct. It's a bit quirky, but he's the doc. Keep us posted!

ChristinaP

Registered
Thank you Just to clarify, I am not questioning his directives or methods. I am just questioning whether I understood them correctly.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Christina!

Personally I am not sure about the directions as I use one homeopathic medicine at a time.

In either case tho, you should be fine until your hear back from your vet.
I am embarrassed to be asking this,
Sure. However we ask that you continue to ask all questions.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom