• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Current State of Homeopathy

HA! Support

Administrator
VIP Member
Registered
Here is a message from a current member:
"I have seen a lot of websites and suppliers disappearing, and read the 2019-20 post about the FDA. What exactly is going on? Is it considered illegal now? How are the homeopathic vets able to practice? Are private parties like HA members who wish to use homeopathy allowed to use it ourselves in our homes with our pets?

Also, the other serious issue is being able to get the homeopathic kits. I have heard that our local Whole Foods will continue to sell their current Boiron supply of vials and will no longer restock. Of all the suppliers I've seen HA recommend in the past as reputable, only the Washington company mentioned by Drs. Christina and Jeff is still selling any kit and it seems to have more obscure remedies in it.

I've just begun to learn about homeopathy and am trying to figure out the road ahead. Guidance requested please!"

@Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Christina what are the latest news?

@wholecat

ivegrgas

VIP Member
Registered
You may purchase kits from the Hahnemann Lab in California. They seem to be more expensive but may be a worthwhile investment: Professional Kits - Hahnemann Laboratories

I also share your concern that it seems like remedies are harder to get. However, I find consolation in remembering my experience in Germany a few years ago. I was there on vacation, and while touring the city, I felt a wave of noxious coming over me. I had no remedies on me, but I took my chance and walked into a regular pharmacy. I looked around and saw no homeopathic remedies on display, but then I asked the pharmacist if they carried any. I was pleasantly surprised when she said yes! She asked if I knew what remedy I needed and proceeded to pull it from the backroom. This was not Boiron, the bottle was quiet large (I still ahve it) and price was reasonable. I was happy to get immediate relief, and to see homeopathy and allopathy coexist in the same establishment.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
You will always be able to get homeopathic medicines. Because only one pellet is really needed, bottles last a long time, so even if the US government forbids the sale or import of them (very unlikely), they will be findable.

If you are a member, you can learn a lot about homeopathy as a member benefit are the 3 homeopathy classes (two introduction and one intermediate) and the book - tutorial of Kent's repertory and the many many webinars on homeopathic principles and treatments of illness at HA!

And, if you are in love with homeopathy, so can become active politically by pressing your congresspersons to support it, or at least not vote against it.

I testifies at an FDA (vet branch) hearing in the late 80s or early 90s and they were stopped from taking any steps then. As citizens, we need to be a part of governing our country. In my humble opinion.

Dr. christina

wholecat

Registered
You may purchase kits from the Hahnemann Lab in California. They seem to be more expensive but may be a worthwhile investment: Professional Kits - Hahnemann Laboratories

I also share your concern that it seems like remedies are harder to get. However, I find consolation in remembering my experience in Germany a few years ago. I was there on vacation, and while touring the city, I felt a wave of noxious coming over me. I had no remedies on me, but I took my chance and walked into a regular pharmacy. I looked around and saw no homeopathic remedies on display, but then I asked the pharmacist if they carried any. I was pleasantly surprised when she said yes! She asked if I knew what remedy I needed and proceeded to pull it from the backroom. This was not Boiron, the bottle was quiet large (I still ahve it) and price was reasonable. I was happy to get immediate relief, and to see homeopathy and allopathy coexist in the same establishment.
Thanks for your information about the Hahnemann Laboratories. Helpful to know.

Also appreciated hearing your story. It seems homeopathy is alive and well in many countries of the world.

wholecat

Registered
You will always be able to get homeopathic medicines. Because only one pellet is really needed, bottles last a long time, so even if the US government forbids the sale or import of them (very unlikely), they will be findable.

If you are a member, you can learn a lot about homeopathy as a member benefit are the 3 homeopathy classes (two introduction and one intermediate) and the book - tutorial of Kent's repertory and the many many webinars on homeopathic principles and treatments of illness at HA!

And, if you are in love with homeopathy, so can become active politically by pressing your congresspersons to support it, or at least not vote against it.

I testifies at an FDA (vet branch) hearing in the late 80s or early 90s and they were stopped from taking any steps then. As citizens, we need to be a part of governing our country. In my humble opinion.

Dr. christina

Hi Dr. Christina,

I appreciate your input about supplies and all the great resources available here.

wholecat

beccak

VIP Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I have been concerned about the status of homeopathy and being able to source remedies in the future.
Dr Samet included this information about natural health supplements in her latest newsletter:
'If you are Canadian, you should know that the government has passed a bill which will effectively eliminate all natural health supplements (including homeopathy) from store shelves within the next 2 years.'
She also included this link:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7290599846711545094
I am surprised and alarmed with what is happening in Canada.

Becca

wholecat

Registered
I have been concerned about the status of homeopathy and being able to source remedies in the future.
Dr Samet included this information about natural health supplements in her latest newsletter:
'If you are Canadian, you should know that the government has passed a bill which will effectively eliminate all natural health supplements (including homeopathy) from store shelves within the next 2 years.'
She also included this link:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7290599846711545094
I am surprised and alarmed with what is happening in Canada.

Becca

I didn't realize that this was happening in Canada. Includes "all natural health supplements". All: what does that mean?

Almost seems like what is happening here in the US.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for asking
What exactly is going on?
Every decade or so, the FDA has a "crackdown" on homeopathy. Currently, the argument is that some so-called homeopathic products can be unsafe. However, these are combination products that contain multiple remedies that have been produced homeopathically.

However, unlike single homeopathic medicines, these combination products are not "proved" (proving is the testing of homeopathic medicines on. healthy individuals to determine the symptoms they can produce).

Hahnemann (the founder of homeopathy) was the first person (way before there was an FDA) to scientifically test the effect that medicines have on the body.

It would be wonderful if you have the desire to dive deeper into homeopathy as Dr. Christina suggested.

Our mission here at HA! is to empower 1,000,000 pet parents with knowledge of homeopathy. For the scientifically minded person who avoids anything to do with integrative medicine, I recommend learning more about "scientific wellness" and the homeopathic framework also described by the Vitality and Balance System (VBS):

Is it considered illegal now?
No.
How are the homeopathic vets able to practice?
Just as always. However, it's a bit harder for pet parents to buy homeopathic medicines.
Are private parties like HA members who wish to use homeopathy allowed to use it ourselves in our homes with our pets?
Yes!

Mentoring animal and nature-focused professionals who want to learn about homeopathy and the homeopathic framework is my personal passion.

IMHO, homeopathy will soon be back in the center of the sustainability and medical/veterinary (r)evolutions that we're in the midst of.

BTW-The videos from this recent conference are available for $60! Just email Peter Gold to register:

pgold@goldpartnersllc.com

wholecat

Registered
Thanks for asking

Every decade or so, the FDA has a "crackdown" on homeopathy. Currently, the argument is that some so-called homeopathic products can be unsafe. However, these are combination products that contain multiple remedies that have been produced homeopathically.

However, unlike single homeopathic medicines, these combination products are not "proved" (proving is the testing of homeopathic medicines on. healthy individuals to determine the symptoms they can produce).

Hahnemann (the founder of homeopathy) was the first person (way before there was an FDA) to scientifically test the effect that medicines have on the body.

It would be wonderful if you have the desire to dive deeper into homeopathy as Dr. Christina suggested.

Our mission here at HA! is to empower 1,000,000 pet parents with knowledge of homeopathy. For the scientifically minded person who avoids anything to do with integrative medicine, I recommend learning more about "scientific wellness" and the homeopathic framework also described by the Vitality and Balance System (VBS):

No.

Just as always. However, it's a bit harder for pet parents to buy homeopathic medicines.

Yes!

Mentoring animal and nature-focused professionals who want to learn about homeopathy and the homeopathic framework is my personal passion.

IMHO, homeopathy will soon be back in the center of the sustainability and medical/veterinary (r)evolutions that we're in the midst of.

BTW-The videos from this recent conference are available for $60! Just email Peter Gold to register:

pgold@goldpartnersllc.com
Thank you, Dr. Jeff, for your answers and explanations to the questions I had and more, giving the links to help add understanding and clarity about this concerning situation.

I haven't heard of those systems of health or healthcare (?) - scientific wellness and VBS. Will have to look into it. Are they being practiced in the US and/or elsewhere in the world?

I hope you are right --- that homeopathy will survive this latest cycle..

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom