• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Use of homeopathy while spaying cat

ElenaD

Community Member
Registered
Hello D. Jeff and D. Christina,

I have schedule spaying of my almost a 1 year old (July 16) kitten Cleo on July 17. The procedure makes me nervous. I have never had cats, only dogs and have never neutered them. I don’t know how to live with the cat who comes to the estrus every 2 or so weeks and how healthy is for the cat not to be bred if she is not spayed. So
should I use any homeopathic remedy before and after the procedure? Arnica, Bellis? Cleo is very alert and full of suspicions cat , should I calm her somehow before taking to vet on Monday? She will be kept overnight at the vet hospital , it’s the veterinary hospital policy. I will be able to give her any remedies only next morning.
Thank you.
Elena

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Elena!

Yes, you can help prepare Cleo for her spay by trying to stay very calm and relaxed yourself until then. And focus on maximal engagement, play, purring and happiness before the spay.

@Dr. Christina and @Dr. Jean Hofve will also guide you to helpful flower essences for before and after the procedure.

Repeating doses of Arnica in water as often as Cleo seems uncomfortable after surgery should also help speed her natural recovery.

Personally I use a high potency (10M) with 1 pellet added to 1 cup of water (or water bottle) an 10 succussions prior to each dose.

And very important is to try and not worry. She'll be fine...

BTW-What does Cleo eat, and is she food motivated?

ElenaD

Community Member
Registered
Right now Cleo’s favorite food is freeze dry rabbit and duck as well as Stella &Chewy’s canned chicken and liver shredded. I don’t like the last one but I miserably fail to transition her to the raw food. I have full freezer of the various brands raw food, all she rejected She refuses the raw goat milk. She definitely prefers white meets to the red. and I cannot find the food she would eagerly eat every time it offered.

BTW I tried Jackson Galaxy Stress Stopper and Cleo doesn’t like it. As soon as she sees the spray bottle in my hands or sniffs it from my hands she runs away from me.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Does she like rescue remedy better?
Or maybe try putting a few drops stress stopper in another glass/bottle with 1/2C or 1 C water and offer that.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
The basic flower essences I'd typically use are:
  • Rescue Remedy
  • Elm
  • Walnut
  • Mimulus (fear of riding in car)
Instead of spraying Stress Stopper, put some in your hand and gently massage her ears and head with it. Most cats will run from *any* spray bottle (of course, never ever spray the cat directly with anything!). Spray inside the car and carrier the night before so she doesn't hear that happening.

ElenaD

Community Member
Registered
Many thanks! Would you recommend non alcohol or alcohol formula?
As I understood from the latest webinar alcohol free formulation is a glycerin tincture that has its own cons

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom