• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Raw baltic amber and/or shungites made my dog sick?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
My pup has been wearing a collar that is made of raw baltic amber (for flea and tick repellent purpose) and shungite (for EMF protection) since 1-17-23...until this very morning (1-31-23)...I noticed for the past week she's been drinking a lot (more) of water than usual and hence peeing a lot more (i.e., from one pee pad full to 2 pee pad full per day). I was very concerned there's something wrong with her kidney. However, she recently got senior blood panel done and the numbers were good (and "healthy" per Dr. Jeff and "fantastic" by our local vet, Dr. Gordon)....then for the past five days, I noticed that she's constantly scratching the right side of her face and ears. I checked her ears and they smelled great - no issues...I checked her face, nothing wrong.

Then around 5am this morning, she woke up scratching constantly, then it dawn on me that the collar may have to do with these symptoms so I removed it. She's stopped scratching immediately and ever since. Her water intake had returned to how it was before. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Any explanations for this? This is not her first raw baltic amber collar but her first one with shungite. The necklace's made for toddlers (as teething necklace)...as far as I know these were made with pure materials from Russia, with nothing else added.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, super interesting observation and great detective work Christine!

I've never heard of this with the amber and shungite but they do effect subtle energies so may indeed be implicated. Perhaps @Dr. Christina, @Dr. Sara and @Dr. Jean Hofve have more experience with a collar like this.

After a few days, you may want to try putting the collar back on to see if there are any changes when you do so.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks, @Dr. Jeff She still scratches a bit in the early AM but not as bad as few days ago. I look forward to hearing other vets' inputs.

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
All-Access Member
I come from a country where we harvest baltic amber and we wear amber for thyroid problems, usually for iodine related ones. SO there is a chance it may affect thyroid gland. However, I don't know about shungite - it seems that it should produce opposite effect. But hey, great noticing - if the dog is indeed better without the necklaces - maybe try one at a time and see which one is the culprit - amber or shungite (or are they mixed together?) - or not use them :)

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Shungite--one of my favorites! It should not be worn constantly. I use a shungite bracelet when, for example, I will be at a doctor, dentist, hospital or other high radiation situation. I take it off when I leave. I have one in the car, too. Big EMF field from engine. Maybe put a shungite pyramid or sphere near where she sleeps, also put next to your computer, and a pyramid on your circuit box if you have one, Great book on shungite, including sizes to cover an area: Shungite: Protection, Healing, and Detoxification - Kindle edition by Martino, Regina. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom