• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Possible recurrence of pancreatitis

PamR

Community Member
Registered
My cat is Morticia, 12 yrs old domestic shorthair, 7 pounds, eats mostly raw (frozen preparations like SmallBatch and freeze-dried meat and fish treats), has a good loving playful energetic disposition.

She has a history of pancreatitis -- twice when she stopped eating altogether for many days.
Arsenicum album was the homeopathic that brought her back both times, thank you Dr. Jeff! Her last major episode was April 2022.

I suspect she is having another episode of pancreatitis. This morning she did not join me in bed, as is her usual pattern, or come when I called her, as she usually does.
I found her still in her bed in the living room, not looking her perky self. She has had no interest in food or water, and all day has spent her time near her bed, very lethargic, not engaging. I found she threw up some yellow bile looking stuff.

I never know WHAT brings this on, but last night I did feed her a small late night snack of some raw turkey blend that she's had before. I remember feeling a bit uneasy about giving it to her that late, even though she was asking for a snack (and the meat was in the fridge and freshly thawed that day from frozen). That was the last thing she ate. She typically eats several small meals a day -- about a tablespoon at a time -- with freeze dried organ meat or fish between meals or with the meal.

I have dosed her arsenicum album twice this morning, two hours apart. I used the cup of mixture I had from last year (covered and stored in my cabinet) with 10-15 succussions.

HERE'S THE CRITICAL QUESTION: I forget whether I should wait to see what happens or continue to dose a few hours apart. Of course I'm always anxious to see results and find it very hard to wait it out and trust that the medicine is working. Dose again or wait??

Many thanks,
Pam

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about Morticia's possible pancreatitis recurrence.
Dose again or wait??
What potency of Ars did you dose?

Also, based on the experiences posted in the celery juicer forum thread (near the end) you may want to try giving her that.

PamR

Community Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,
I don't remember what dose I used -- it was a mixture I made last year that I kept because I remember you said it gets stronger. I have 30C and 200ck so one of those.
Should I make a fresh batch with one of these?

And I don't know how I'd get the celery juice into her except by force with a dropper. I'm willing to give it a try. (For the record, I follow the MM diet and protocol, but without the CJ because I just can't stand the taste!)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Should I make a fresh batch with one of these?
Nope. Just redose tonight from what you have but increase the succussions by 5.

You may also want to order and hold on to the Ars 6c.

Have you already called your local vet? If she is not better by tomorrow you may want to give them a call and/or visit.

PamR

Community Member
Registered
OK, will redose tonight with existing batch and higher succussion. And I'll order the Ars 6c.

Update: I made some celery juice and gave her a tiny squirtful. (And had some myself -- tasted much better than I remembered, so thanks for the prompt to retry it.)

Reluctant to go to my local vet. His go-to is an antibiotic. But will see how she is tomorrow.

Grateful for your response and wisdom,
Pam

PamR

Community Member
Registered
OK, will redose tonight with existing batch and higher succussion. And I'll order the Ars 6c.

Update: I made some celery juice and gave her a tiny squirtful. (And had some myself -- tasted much better than I remembered, so thanks for the prompt to retry it.)

Reluctant to go to my local vet. His go-to is an antibiotic. But will see how she is tomorrow.

Pam

Pam
I rechecked my reserves and I do have Ars 6c. Make a new batch with it or stick to existing "aged" batch (made from unknown potency)?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great! Yes, you may want to make up a new cup (but keep the other) and dose her 10/Q-tip from it, both now and before bed.

PamR

Community Member
Registered
Great! Yes, you may want to make up a new cup (but keep the other) and dose her 10/Q-tip from it, both now and before bed.
Thanks, Dr. Jeff. Just to check: that's one pellet in a cup of water, succussed 10 times, applied with Q-tip. That's what I did but I always second guess myself.

No change today. Dosed this morning and gave a few drops of celery juice by dropper.
What do you think my game plan should be today re: dosing?

The waiting and watching is excruciating.

Pam

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Just to check: that's one pellet in a cup of water, succussed 10 times, applied with Q-tip.
game plan should be today re: dosing?
That's perfect for the dosing!

With the 6c you can succuss and dose up to 3x a day if she is not improving (BEAM wise).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Pam.

PamR

Community Member
Registered
After two doses yesterday of the Ars 6c, Morticia asked for food last night! She ate some SmallBatch turkey (tablespoon) and some freeze-dried treats. (And pooped/peed.) She was back to her loving self, cuddling with me all night and into the morning.

Then...I gave her some SmallBatch beef this morning. Again, no more than a tablespoon, with some freeze-dried treats. Ate it all. And now she can hardly move and doesn't want any petting. When I tried to pet her she gave me a light sound like the kitty equivalent of a groan.

Too much food too soon? Dose again for good measure? I should have put some digestive enzyme into the food but forgot...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great news about her response the the Ars!

Yes, you may want to redose and continue up to twice a day and stick with the super small (1 tsp) frequent meals for now.

PamR

Community Member
Registered
I would say we're over the hump. Another Ars success story. Grateful beyond words to you, Dr. Jeff, and the magic of the remedies!

I also had to look at my own behavior the week before her relapse -- I had a week of extreme stress and fear that NO DOUBT affected Morticia, since she absorbs my emotions and totally reads my mind, which was not in a good place. The exact same thing happened with her relapse last year.

Wishing us all peace within ourselves and our companions,
Pam & Morticia

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great news Pam about Morticia's recovery.

Yes, our mindset is a super powerful factor in our pet's inner energetic homeostasis/balance.

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Our Cat had Acute Pancreatitis 3 times until I found Vet #8 that got to the ROOT CAUSE….Spleen needed support!
Holistic Vet gave Kan Herbs Spleen Support Chinese Herbal Formula and Acupuncture and this never happened again! I occasionally have to give this when I see wet itchy ears as dampness is a sign or his appetite is low.

I have also used Arsenicum and Nux Vomica which have helped a lot!

I would highly encourage getting a Vet that is trained and well versed in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine…website to find one is in Dr Christinas Pet Journal, www.ivas.org
www.aava.org

PamR

Community Member
Registered
Thank you, Lauren. This is really interesting and very helpful!!

PamR

Community Member
Registered
Our Cat had Acute Pancreatitis 3 times until I found Vet #8 that got to the ROOT CAUSE….Spleen needed support!
Holistic Vet gave Kan Herbs Spleen Support Chinese Herbal Formula and Acupuncture and this never happened again! I occasionally have to give this when I see wet itchy ears as dampness is a sign or his appetite is low.

I have also used Arsenicum and Nux Vomica which have helped a lot!

I would highly encourage getting a Vet that is trained and well versed in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine…website to find one is in Dr Christinas Pet Journal, www.ivas.org
www.aava.org

PamR

Community Member
Registered
Lauren, do you recall how you administered the spleen support -- and did you use the drops or capsules? Thanks!

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Lauren, do you recall how you administered the spleen support -- and did you use the drops or capsules? Thanks!
@PamR Yes, I heat 1 tsp filtered water in a pan and when it starts to Boil..I add 1-2 drops of Kan Tincture and reduce by half to burn off the majority of the alcohol. I either give it in a syringe or in food.
If the tincture is alcohol free, you do NOT need to heat…just add it to food.
If the Chinese herbs are in granular form heat filtered water and add granules just to dissolve them.
I have not ever gotten it in a capsule form and i cannot get my Cat to let me give a capsule!
Generally, Dogs are less fussy about adding medicine i. their food than Cats.
Good luck! Please keep us posted.
The Chinese herbs and Acupuncture will bring your Fur Baby back into Balance!
BTW, Romeo only had 1 Acupuncture treatment and 2 days of Kan Spleen Support 2x a day and did a complete 180 degree turnaround that was permanent. I think thats pretty AMAZING!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom