Join the Celery Juice for Pets Movement!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Media
Albums
Hi everyone.

We're starting a study to see if celery juice can improve quality of life for dogs and cats the way Anthony William has found that it can for people.

Anthony advises drinking 16 oz of fresh celery juice on an empty stomach every day.

Ideally using a masticating juicer, but any kind of juicer or even a Ninja blender (ask Amy about this fantastic kitchen tool) is fine.

16 oz. is the amount we are using for dogs over 50 lbs.

12 oz. for dogs 25-49 pounds, 8 oz. for 10-25 pounds and 4 oz for dogs under 10 pounds and cats.

If you would like to be part of this study, just go ahead and add to this thread.

Perhaps Abby would like to get involved @adlibutti@yahoo_com ?

Dr. Jeff

If you are drinking the celery juice yourself, please post your results.
I plan on starting it soon. I have been eating a lot of celery and will be getting a juicer soon.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Media
Albums
Yes!

Organic is absolutely best whenever possible.

There can indeed be many potential toxins in non-organic foods such as in the most commercial pet foods.

I say whenever possible because all organic celery had been out of stock for almost 1 week in our local stores.

It's often better to thoroughly wash non-organic celery to remove some of the pesticides etc. than to go for days or weeks without drinking any of the juice at all.

Dr. Jeff

Media
Albums
Hi! I am planning on starting this for myself and for the pups. I was reading for humans it is best to drink on an empty stomach.

I am not sure if the pups will drink even a little bit of celery juice -what are other people doing? Mixing with food? Also, I was planning on starting with a smaller amount then mentioned....do you think it is worth doing?

I had trouble finding organic celery at my local whole foods and grocery store but found a bunch at Trader Joe's.

Thank you!

Hi everyone.

We're starting a study to see if celery juice can improve quality of life for dogs and cats the way Anthony William has found that it can for people.

Anthony advises drinking 16 oz of fresh celery juice on an empty stomach every day.

Ideally using a masticating juicer, but any kind of juicer or even a Ninja blender (ask Amy about this fantastic kitchen tool) is fine.

16 oz. is the amount we are using for dogs over 50 lbs.

12 oz. for dogs 25-49 pounds, 8 oz. for 10-25 pounds and 4 oz for dogs under 10 pounds and cats.

If you would like to be part of this study, just go ahead and add to this thread.

Perhaps Abby would like to get involved @adlibutti@yahoo_com ?

Dr. Jeff
What exactly is the benefit ?

We have been juicing celery when we can. The other day there was another woman at the celery section. We kept grabbing stalk after stalk of celery. She finally asked me if I was also juicing. It takes a lot to get me to drink 16 oz. I really don't like it. That is putting it mildly. I didn't think to give if to the dogs. I will try but I'm not sure I can get that much juice into them. I'll update later. I have a Breville juicer which I don't think is the best.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Media
Albums
It's wonderful to hear that others here are joining the celery juice movement.

Judy, great question about specific benefits in dogs.

Researching that answer is exactly why we're doing the study!

As per Anthony, specific benefits range from decreasing inflammation to aiding digestion and detoxification.

Possibly even decreasing cancer growth.

Basically just improving both Vitality and Balance. And helping your pets' bodies work better.

Great point Liz. Dogs (and especially cats) also don't seem to like the flavor. Some people are adding as drop or two of green tripe juice to get their dog's to drink it.

Syringing it into their mouths also works!

Perhaps Judy will let us know if Lola drinks it...

Dr. Jeff