• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Observations on raw versus cooked diet for Bella's kidneys

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
Good evening and Happy New Year! Per our recent chats in the Forum, I decided recently to transition Bella back onto her raw food diet, with the addition of Aventi for her kidney support.

A few things I have observed:
  • Her fur has gotten a little softer like it used to be
  • However, she is back to inhaling her raw food like she used to do, gone in a matter of 20 seconds or less, whereas with the home cooked diet, she took her time eating her meal at a much slower pace.
  • Because she is back to inhaling her food, she is immediately hungry after finishing it and will meow a lot as if she is hungry...a lot.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
It's still way better for her. The hunger signs are not authentic; they're just because, darn it, it tasted great. Cats and dogs, in my experience, will eat as long as there is food there - probably a throwback to eating in the wild, fending off the pack and jamming as much down as possible.

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
It's still way better for her. The hunger signs are not authentic; they're just because, darn it, it tasted great. Cats and dogs, in my experience, will eat as long as there is food there - probably a throwback to eating in the wild, fending off the pack and jamming as much down as possible.
@GinnyW well, I can't deny that! Hahahaha. Love the way you say it.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom