• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Meet my dog

SusanI

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi, my name is Susan and I have an 8 year old soon to be 9 year old male American Cocker Spaniel. Before I got him he got 6 vaccines in one day. I can’t begin to tell you how this revelation horrified me. He’s raw fed. His BEAM seems to be generally excellent. He has had dandruff since shortly after I got him. He started to get chronic ear issues. He had an on and off limping issue a couple of years ago. He most recently presented with an apparent perianal adenoma. I started giving him medicinal mushroom mix and it hasn’t seemed to grow and doesn’t seem to bother him at all. He has a predilection for picking up pieces of asphalt on walks and taking them home with him. He had a couple of very short lived episodes of seeming disoriented last month, has been apparently fine since. He’s a joy and I am trying to do everything I can holistic for him.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome, Susan! It's wonderful to see you here. It's been quite awhile since the class in Newtown...

Wow, 6 vaccines in 1 day! Fortunately, it sounds like these stressors didn't lower his quality of life.

Great, that you are treating him holistically (what's his name)?

I look forward to seeing your questions and comments over in the other folders on the forum.

BTW-Does he have an asphalt collection at home?

SusanI

All-Access Member
Registered
Actually I put all his asphalt treasures aside. I have no idea of the attraction. I find if I don’t make a fuss he’s less likely to try to eat it.

SusanI

All-Access Member
Registered
His name is Fluffy. And he is. Very fluffy!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Maybe you can upload Fluffy as your profile picture (just click on the "S" to the left of the search field on top to get to your profile).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, you're fast Susan. Fluffy is adorable (and quite fluffy).

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom