• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Intravenous Vitamin C

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
Hello everyone! Does anybody have any information on IV vitamin C as a treatment for chronic renal failure? One vet has recommended IVC x 3 days but I am hearing it can cause acute renal failure. I am having a hard time navigating through so much information.Any scholarly articles would be appreciated - I have not found any thus far
Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Mika!

Yes, any vitamin/supplement given in a high enough dose can trigger renal failure and other side effects.

That's one reason why we focus on energetic treatments here which do not have those kind of side effects.

Perhaps ask the vet who is recommending it whether they can point you to any references.

I don't use IVC myself, and have not found any research for its use in dogs and cats.

There does however appear to be some evidence of efficacy in people and rats:

MikaR

Community Member
Registered
Thanks Dr. Jeff. I just don't have a good feeling about it. Harper's holistic vet is out of the country for awhile and this was his colleague. Our AH binder arrived today so I hope that helps!!! I really appreciate you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome Mika!

It's my pleasure and honor to help in any way.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom