• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How to Make A Wet Remedy For A Dog?

AshleyC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi all… Maybe this is the wrong threat but Ill use it. I am working my way through the homeopathy courses on the HA website. I am also working on building up my remedy resources.

When making a “wet”remedy…

How much alcohol to water should I place in the container?

What size dropper bottle should be used?

What is the best container: blue, black, green, amber or clear?

I was thinking of using amber or black since they offer the best UV protection.

Thanks in advance for the advice!!

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
All-Access Member
Those are great questions, Ashley! @Dr. Christina, if those are not covered in the course, can we make a note to add it in the description? Thank you.

AshleyC

All-Access Member
Registered
Admittedly I am only on lesson 2 of the first course but life situation brought the questions up today?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
There are many ways to make up a liquid remedy and they can all work just fine.

Here's how I make up bottles of the medicinal solution per Hahnemann's directions in the preface to the Chronic Diseases" (which is a must read).

1. ~25% alcohol (usually a cheap vodka)

2. 15ml amber bottles for c potencies and 30ml brown bottles for Q potencies ("LMs")

Then prior to dosing, succuss the bottle and add 1 drop from it to 1 cup of bottled/distilled water.

However if you are making up a cup that you may only use for a few days or weeks then I typically don't add alcohol. Just 1 pellet and dip thew Q-tip for dosing into the cup after succussing.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Ashley,
I am so excited you are taking the course. Please email me at HealthyAnimals@aol.com if anything seems confusing so I can add that to notes when I improve the class.

RE dosing - as Dr. Jeff said, there is no one right way - just get some of the medicine in the animal. When an individual is more sensitive, make it more dilute. Hahnemann said to give in the smallest possible dose. Some animals need more, some need less.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom