• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Can a homeopathic remedy for dog affect a human

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I was wondering about whether the homeopathic remedy Aconite used for my dog can affect me? I spray Blossom with the aconite while in the car when she gets nervous.It does seem to help. However I was just putting 2 and 2 together about my own health and wondering if spraying the remedy in the confined air space of a car could have unintended effects. Reason I am asking is because it seems my own irregular heartbeats have been more frequent and worsened lately. I also had a few very intense pains, one particularly was one where I was in my car and could not raise up my shoulder/arm. I had done nothing at all and my arm was resting on the arm rest. It was very strange. So ideally I should give it to her orally but in the car, the spray is the only feasible way to administer it when driving. Any thoughts from the homeopathic experts? Or is this one of those questions that nobody has ever thought about or related to?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I was wondering about whether the homeopathic remedy Aconite used for my dog can affect me?
Definitely! The homeopathic medicines are all used in every species.

However, unless you are supersensitive to a homeopathic medicine, it should not affect you by breathing in the spray.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
1. Since you are showing symptoms, I would not spray. it. Inhalation is one very effective way to dose a remedy, so yes, you are inhaling it. As Dr. Jeff said, your vital force would need to be sensitive to Aconite. usually an inhaled (or orally taken) remedy does NOT CAUSE symptoms, so do look for other triggers.
2. It is not to be used ad lib, usually, like that anyway. The goal of your homeopathic treatment with Dr. Herman is to rebalance the vital force with carefully prescribed doses - not just every time there is a problem - so I would not spray it.

Are you communicating enough with Dr. Herman? It may be time for a higher potency or a new remedy. The TOTALITY of symptoms, not just car behavior, is CRITICAL to evaluate.

Dr. christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Christina, Unfortunately I AM very sensitive to everything, (one doctor once said I was 'chemically sensitive', dryer sheets (these seem to change my mood) nauseate me and I can smell scents like a dog. Burning in fireplaces in my neighborhood similarly bothers me. My body does react to things that other people tolerate. I spoke with Dr. Herman last week and I told her I was getting Blossom's blood redone soon. She said to use the spray liberally before the blood draw to keep her calm. I was supposed to spray her if she starts to get amped up in the car during practice too. It does seem to help her be more relaxed. I have increased the time in the car slightly. She also stays in the fenced area and seems to be fine without any worry about where I am. I guess it is so individual which I am starting to realize. I did not take her in the car yesterday and so no spraying and my problem seemed better. I will probably try it again and see what happens to ME if I spray HER. But on a side note, yesterday after dinner I was in another room and I heard a "scream bark" just once, sounded like something happened. I went to look and she was sitting on one of her beds, nothing happened that I could see. So wonder if this was an effect also. I noted it and emailed Dr. Herman last night about it. I appreciate all the feedback, I truly do. Thank you!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom