• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Having hard time getting rid of Hookworm

JamieK

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi One of my new puppies, Jaxson Blue, now 9months old still has hookworm. Got him when he was six months and had been dewormed twice already. Since I have had him he has been dewormed three more time and now doing a fourth so we are now up to 6 times with both drontal and panacur. Supplement wise I have been giving him 6 to 7 grams of fresh organic garlic daily, Earth Animals Herbal drops No More Worms, giving Answers raw goat milk, a combination homeopathic for immune support once a day, Maitake DMG from Vetri Science. I also switched him over to Answers raw dog food from Vital Essentials. I am at a lose here. I am thinking that since I am also giving him Dr. Harvey's Canine Health (grain and veggie Pre Mix) to help him keep his weight up, that could be hindering his absorption because of the lectins in the grain. I will switch to Sweet Potato to see if that helps but want to know if you think adding colostrum and a probiotic is to much to give. I know it sounds like I am throwing the kitchen sick at this but I don't know what else to do. The medication is not really working and neither are the remedies. The worms have gotten less but still there. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Oh the other big issue is that he eats is own stool. I follow him around with the pooper scooper but when you have four dogs it is hard to keep track of everyone. I pick it up 99% of the time but there is that 1% I miss. I know this does not help because he is reinfecting himself. Again any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Jamie Keever

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're exactly right Jamie! He keeps reinfecting himself.

I'd also be considering an external source, like the soil, of reinfection.

The bottom line is that his intestinal immune system is not eliminating the parasites as it should.

Colostrum is fine to add at this time, but it sounds like his terrain needs even more boosting.

At this time, you might want to stop the combination remedy and add the colostrum and/or the Parra-Outta-Site flower essence.

It also sounds like he will benefit from Hahnemannian (one remedy at a time) homeopathic prescribing.

Here's some useful and reliable conventional info:

JamieK

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you as always Dr. Jeff. I will read and learn. Please stay Healthy!!!

JamieK

All-Access Member
Registered
I thought about the soil but I have had the other three dogs stool tested and they are all good no worms at all.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Great response, Dr. Jeff.
When a dog is really healthy they will not keep re-infecting themselves - I bet the other dogs do not have hooks. Working with a veterinary homeopath can improve the vitality and balance when you have done such a good job towards that goal already.

There are even specific rubrics for people (or animals) who tend to get parasites.

Dr. Christina

JamieK

All-Access Member
Registered
Do you think rectal Ozone would help and if so how often should I give it to him?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes! Rectal ozone is one way improve internal balance and immunity.

Try using it just once to start and see his response.

Jonathon at O3 vets can also help guide you and can share lots of other experiences and similar situations.

You might also want to increase vital (and raw) meats, wild blueberries, steamed kale, etc.

And add lots of sniff walks, snuffle mat sessions and magnesium oil.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom