• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Organic kale and wild blueberry smoothie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

Amelia just asked about diet recommendations for her pet with cancer, and I advised the 1:1 kale + wild blueberry antioxidant blend.

It's been mentioned on this forum before, but here's exactly how to make it for cancer, arthritis, allergy and other general diet support:

Steam or massage the kale to release its' hidden powers.

Mix this in equal proportions with fresh or frozen wild blueberries.

"Blenderize" them with 1/8-1/4 cup of organic vegetable or chicken stock until they are liquefied.

This should make a beautiful bluish-green drink which you can add to your pets' meals.

Start with 1/4 cup per meal for pets that are 25 pounds or less. 1/2 cup for pets over 25 lbs.

You can increase the amounts by 3x if they like it and their bowels are OK with it.
kale-blueberry-smoothie.jpg

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for the specifics on this recipe!  I've been feeding Reyah 1/4 cup each meal so will increase it and watch for a change in her BMs.  She tolerates 1/4 cup.  I make it weekly and when we run out, we run out, until the next week.  She loves it!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic (that she loves something so good for her)!

Yes Kristen, absolutely increase to 1/2 cup/meal.

Lylian

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr. Feinman. What kind of food or supplements are good to take away the mases.

Thanks

Hi Lyllian-

Great question!

The answer is that it depends on your pup's individuality and healing ability (and vitality).

No one food will have the same effect as others.

Feed the highest vitality (freshest) foods possible.

Her body will do the rest as it re-balances from the nutrients in the food.

The blueberry/kale smoothie is a great way to start.

1/8- 1/4 cup/meal to start.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi everyone-

Amelia just asked about diet recommendations for her pet with cancer, and I advised the 1:1 kale + wild blueberry antioxidant blend.

It's been mentioned on this forum before, but here's exactly how to make it for cancer, arthritis, allergy and other general diet support:

Steam or massage the kale to release its' hidden powers.

Mix this in equal proportions with fresh or frozen wild blueberries.

"Blenderize" them with 1/8-1/4 cup of organic vegetable or chicken stock until they are liquefied.

This should make a beautiful bluish-green drink which you can add to your pets' meals.

Start with 1/4 cup per meal for pets that are 25 pounds or less. 1/2 cup for pets over 25 lbs.

You can increase the amounts by 3x if they like it and their bowels are OK with it.
My dogs all love it. I need to make it more often

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic Judy! ?

In addition to the general immune balancing, antioxidant and good health effects, it is the perfect complement to any the diet for many serious dis-eases.

Even for pets with cancer as we discussed tonight.

KellyB

All-Access Member
Registered
I would like to try this as well! How big a batch do you make for the week? Thanks!

lizkunz

All-Access Member
Registered
Do you think this would be ok with Answers Fermented Goat Milk instead of broth? Thanks!

KellyB

All-Access Member
Registered
I would think so! I was thinking of using some fermented turkey broth.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
The fresher you can make it, the better Kelly. However, you can make a few cups for ~5 days.

Liz, I'd stick with the broth or use water as mixing milk and fruit is not ideal for digestibility, curdling, and energetic balance as per Ayurvedic food combining.

Shivani

All-Access Member
Registered
The fresher you can make it, the better Kelly. However, you can make a few cups for ~5 days.

Liz, I'd stick with the broth or use water as mixing milk and fruit is not ideal for digestibility, curdling, and energetic balance as per Ayurvedic food combining.

https://food.ndtv.com/health/why-ar...e. best-idea-according-to-ayurveda-1765977

Shivani

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,
I am unable to access fresh or frozen blueberries in my area but I have powdered dried ones. Is it ok to use a powdered kale or perhaps a barley grass juice powder instead of fresh kale? I am away from home 3 nights per week and am trying to simplify feeding Max for my friend who takes care of him when I'm not there.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, you can definitely use it Shivani !

Powdered foods have less vitality however they still are good to use and are also still packed with phytonutrients.

Perhaps only use it on days when you are around to give it.

Shivani

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes, you can definitely use it Shivani !

Powdered foods have less vitality however they still are good to use and are also still packed with phytonutrients.

Perhaps only use it on days when you are around to give it.
Thankyou for your reply Dr Jeff. Is it specifically kale that is required or will barley grass juice powder (Which I already have) work as well. Happy to order the kale powder if it is superior.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, the kale is more nutritive however use the barley grass for now.

cindypinera

All-Access Member
Registered
on 5/12/20 I stopped Raisins's (standard schnauzer) dry dog food. She now gets raw tripe, kale and raw cow's milk. Mastic tumor itching has stopped. I also changed her homeopathic remedy to sulph 30C on 5/11/20. She has also been getting stinging nettle, pine bark and CBD oil since 4/26/20 for the itching. And blackseed oil to help reduce the tumor. See a chart of my therapies in my last post. Unfortunately mixing all these things does not give me a clue as to what really worked. However I feel the new remedy and the diet change have been the most helpful.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, how wonderful that Raisin is better!

It's excellent that you want to isolate the helpful remedy.

Knowing what works, and why, is the essence of the science of homeopathy!

Is that a confirmed mast cell tumor on her foot?

How often are you using ozone?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom