Kale and blueberry smoothie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

Amelia just asked about diet recommendations for her pet with cancer, and I advised the 1:1 kale + wild blueberry antioxidant blend.

It's been mentioned on this forum before, but here's exactly how to make it for cancer, arthritis, allergy and other general diet support:

Steam or massage the kale to release its' hidden powers.

Mix this in equal proportions with fresh or frozen wild blueberries.

"Blenderize" them with 1/8-1/4 cup of organic vegetable or chicken stock until they are liquefied.

This should make a beautiful bluish-green drink which you can add to your pets' meals.

Start with 1/4 cup per meal for pets that are 25 pounds or less. 1/2 cup for pets over 25 lbs.

You can increase the amounts by 3x if they like it and their bowels are OK with it.

kristen_acri

Thanks for the specifics on this recipe!  I've been feeding Reyah 1/4 cup each meal so will increase it and watch for a change in her BMs.  She tolerates 1/4 cup.  I make it weekly and when we run out, we run out, until the next week.  She loves it!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic (that she loves something so good for her)!

Yes Kristen, absolutely increase to 1/2 cup/meal.

Lylian

Dr. Feinman. What kind of food or supplements are good to take away the mases.

Thanks

Hi Lyllian-

Great question!

The answer is that it depends on your pup's individuality and healing ability (and vitality).

No one food will have the same effect as others.

Feed the highest vitality (freshest) foods possible.

Her body will do the rest as it re-balances from the nutrients in the food.

The blueberry/kale smoothie is a great way to start.

1/8- 1/4 cup/meal to start.

jumstead1023

Hi everyone-

Amelia just asked about diet recommendations for her pet with cancer, and I advised the 1:1 kale + wild blueberry antioxidant blend.

It's been mentioned on this forum before, but here's exactly how to make it for cancer, arthritis, allergy and other general diet support:

Steam or massage the kale to release its' hidden powers.

Mix this in equal proportions with fresh or frozen wild blueberries.

"Blenderize" them with 1/8-1/4 cup of organic vegetable or chicken stock until they are liquefied.

This should make a beautiful bluish-green drink which you can add to your pets' meals.

Start with 1/4 cup per meal for pets that are 25 pounds or less. 1/2 cup for pets over 25 lbs.

You can increase the amounts by 3x if they like it and their bowels are OK with it.
My dogs all love it. I need to make it more often

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic Judy! ?

In addition to the general immune balancing, antioxidant and good health effects, it is the perfect complement to any the diet for many serious dis-eases.

Even for pets with cancer as we discussed tonight.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom