• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Ear haematoma

CheriH

Community Member
Registered
Dr Jeff
Hi Dr Jeff, we spoke a few weeks ago about my dogs ear haematoma, he’s off the prednisone, but his ear still keeps swelling up with fluid, and I can no longer drain it anymore because the cut the vet made is healing up. need some help here. I started giving him curcumin from Vimergy, he’s about 48 lbs, how much can I give him and can I give him too much of it!
thank you, any think else I can give him!
Cheri

@Dr. Jeff

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Cheri-

Here's a brief curcumin summary:
  • Curcumin is usually dosed at 15mg-20mg per pound of body weight, and, more is not necessarily better.
  • In vitro (lab) experiments have shown that curcumin can influence cell activity by promoting cell death, inhibiting cell growth and division, and reducing angiogenesis. In vivo (in living bodies) studies have shown that curcumin is effective in treating bladder, breast, and ovarian cancers in rats and mice.
  • Many veterinarians have started to embrace curcumin as a possible aid for dogs with cancer, because it is well-tolerated and generally safe to give. However, bioavailability problems should be taken into account.
  • Curcumin is one of the best-known phytochemicals that comes from the turmeric plant (Curcuma longa). Turmeric root and whole food supplements contain curcumin. Curcumin can also be extracted from turmeric and put in a supplement.
Tho as we discussed, no supplement, or any physiologic action, will resolve the underlying energetic imbalance.

Curcumin is great support while he heals...

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom