• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dosing decisions

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff recommended ARNICA 10M pre- and post- dentals on my pets, but I only have 6c. What are my options? Can I use 6c, if so how many pellets and how many times succession pounding should I do? or should I buy 10M?

And how many times should I success it (pound it)?

thanks

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Gail shared: Clearly this is a Dr. Jeff issue, but my own take would be that if a certain potency was prescribed, then I would buy it regardless!
(The action of a 10M is very different from that of a 6C in an acute situation).

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr C shared too, thanks:

If you do not have time to get the 10M arnica, put 3 pellets of the 6c in an ounce of water and succuss it 20 times. Then give it every 5 to 10 minutes for at least 6 times.

Strength of a remedy's action depends on the potency, dilution, succussion and frequency of giving.

Usually 30c is readily available in health food stores, so you may want to try that. I would dilute and succuss it the same, and give every 15 mins for 4 or 5 doses.

I would also have hypericum on hand as it is good for nerve pain, so if there seems to be pain, even after giving several doses of the Arnica, you can switch to the Hypericum.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Donna, you were posting Dr. Christina's great reply just when I was writing the message below, but it still may be useful:

You should be able to buy Arnica 30c and/or 200c locally.

If not, you can use 1 pellet of the 6c added to 1 cup of water.

Succuss 10x prior to dosing.

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks Gail and Dr C and Dr Jeff. I live in a small town, so gotta buy everything online. You have helped tons, as I build up my Home Kit.

What if I diluted (5) 6c pellets in 1 cup of water, success-ing 10x before dosing? should I do a new cup with only 1 pellet?

JoanD

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff, This looks like a good place for me to ask about continuity of a remedy when the old water has to be discarded. Can you remind us all how to continue using a remedy when moving to the next batch? We spoke about this during my recent appointment and I was so glad to finally know how to begin again by bringing the new dilution back up to speed with where I left off with the previous one. For instance, my remedy for Sera was in water that became cloudy. I wanted to mix a pellet into fresh water and begin where I left off with the discarded one but never knew how to do this.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom