• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

What to do about a body lump, possible tooth extraction, + digestive issues in a cat

PamR

Community Member
Registered
Female cat, Mortie, 12 yrs old domestic. Small and thin, 7 lbs. Have had her for 11 yrs.
Diet consists of canned, frozen cooked, frozen raw (small amts), freeze-dried raw morsels, and freeze-dried chicken hearts, salmon, other fish. And occasional canned sardines.
Has history of pancreatitis and has been under Dr. Jeff's care. Last episode, a year ago, lasted 7 days (no eating/drinking). Arsenicum Album pulled her out of it.
She's on the skittish side from a cross-country move that happened 8 yrs ago. Also 2 more local moves, the last one in December.
She has ALWAYS been extremely picky and cautious about food. Would love to eat dried food (which she must have learned from her mother and the shelter where I got her).

Mortie has a bump on her right side, for about 2 months. It felt like a nipple. Brought her to local vet who called it a subcutaneous free-moving lump, said I can either watch to see if it gets bigger, or he can remove it, AND, at the same time pull a tooth that he thinks should be extracted (right lower P).
The lump does seem to feel a bit larger now.

On digestive side, she has been throwing up on and off for forever. I've cycled through many different diets and products, always trying to add raw but not successfully.
Now I add two tiny frozen raw morsels per meal. And the meal size I serve is about a heaping tablespoon. She often throws up anything more. I feed many times a day.
But still, she often doesn't look happy after a meal. Like she's having trouble digesting. I've seen her go under the bed after eating, never a good sign.
She might need another probiotic. Had used Mary's liquid in the past, never was sure it helped. She will often reject food I've added supplements to, no matter I pretend it's making me drool!

~~ Should I take her in to get the bump removed and the tooth extracted, and if so, would appreciate some post-op suggestions for the anesthesia and the healing. And of course I'll use Rescue Remedy pre-visit.

~~ Might she need arsenicum alb to rebalance her energy? She still likes to run and play so BEAM is generally good (except just after eating, as mentioned). This might be a bigger question that requires another appointment with Dr. Jeff.

Thank you for reading! Hope I covered it correctly.
@Dr. Christina , @Dr. Jean, @Dr. Sara, @Dr. Jeff

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Since she is under Dr. Jeff's care I would schedule an appointment with him rather than just repeat the Ars alb.
Lump and digestive issues will slowly resolve with careful and repeated homeopathic treatments. Glad her BEAM is good except after meals.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
She might need another probiotic. Had used Mary's liquid in the past, never was sure it helped. She will often reject food I've added supplements to, no matter I pretend it's making me drool!
Yes, a change of probiotics is a great idea Pam. Perhaps rotate through the four from Adored Beast.
iate some post-op suggestions for the anesthesia and the healing. And of course I'll use Rescue Remedy pre-visit.
Arnica pre and post dental is very helpful. Use the highest potency you have in water, succussed before each dose.
Might she need arsenicum alb to rebalance her energy? She still likes to run and play so BEAM is generally good (except just after eating, as mentioned). This might be a bigger question that requires another appointment

She might need more Ars, but I agree with Dr. Christina about her having a recheck first to evaluate everything going on.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom