• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

What is reasonable to charge for after initial homeopathic consultation?

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I am on my 3rd paid experience with homeopaths. Typically in the past I have not blinked at how much something costs but things are starting to get expensive. My experience with the first homeopath, who was not AVH certified and IMO they should charge less. I did not know at the time, he used combo therapies which is not preferred either and had a bad result. He charged 90 dollars per 15 minutes. I never knew I was supposed to report anything back and so did not so how was he to know if the right remedy was prescribed. Now with Blossom I have already invested about 700 dollars and as report back symptoms etc.. I am charged more. If a remedy is changed I am charged not just for the remedy but for a consultation. Again the dog is not on a remedy to fix everything and her blood work just worsened which is another post. I have 2 remedies for her and I thought the cardinal rule is ONE remedy. So confusion abounds. My next homeopath, I paid an intial charge and did not talk with him yet but I have texted him info and blood work for him to review and was NOT charged extra. for his thoughts. I feel somewhat gouged by the first two and the third's initial charge is not even as much. The third homeopath tells me a diagnosis is not needed whereas the second homeopath tells me to get Blossom scanned. Right now, still on the second provider, I should not be confused as to what to give my dog, how to judge when to give her more of which of the two remedies. I got her to the vet on my own with my own methods last week because of the lack of clarity. I feel that I do not want to continue this therapy if it costs every time the client reports a response or makes a request as to what to do next. So I am on my third one, for financial reasons and feeling that there should be ONE remedy per what I hear here. There is not one remedy, just like my first experience. So I am cutting it off before I go broke and waiting for my third homeopath who has already weighed in on Blossom's bloods for no extra charge. I would like to now the norm. I had no idea of all the extra charges after the inital consultation. People should be made aware this could run into the thousands so it should be done right. Also I did my due diligence and sent records to the first two and I asked the office for verification of receipt. I was told yes they receive them (i.e. xrays and other records) Then when the consultation is scheduled and the clock is ticking, they say "I didn't see that report" etc... It is infuriating when it costs more because they do not look at the information even though the office verified they got it. I feel hopeful and encouraged with my third one who already seems like he is not gouging me. I suppose there is no norm but it has to be affordable not just for the rich

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I feel hopeful and encouraged with my third one
Excellent!

Every homeopath, conventional vet, doctor, accountant, etc. may have a different approach, effectiveness, and charges.

I hope Blossom does well with your third one!

@Dr. Christina may have more to add.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom