• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathic remedy, how long is it good for?

DeborahF

Community Member
Registered
I am giving a Thuja 30 c remedy (pellet that is dissolved in water). How long can I use the solution? Not sure if I need to make up a "new batch" every so often? Can anyone shed some light on this? Many thanks! Deb

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Until things appear to be swimming in it:) Traditionally, one adds a few drops of brandy, vodka, Everclear, or other not-too-sweet alcohol. It is said that remedies preserved appropriately last for generations; yours should be fine for a few weeks without additives. The alcohol is in too small an amount to affect our little patients.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I wouldn't use an unpreserved solution for more than a week (less in hot weather). The pellet is made of sugar and molds readily. When you make up the next batch... boil the bottle and dropper (it will be fine) to sterilize, then use spring water and 20% vodka... it will last for years.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
I wouldn't use an unpreserved solution for more than a week (less in hot weather). The pellet is made of sugar and molds readily. When you make up the next batch... boil the bottle and dropper (it will be fine) to sterilize, then use spring water and 20% vodka... it will last for years.
Hi Dr. Jean - how long should we boil the bottles and the droppers for? Would RO water be okay to use? (I may use structured water next time ;)). I can put my bottle of grey goose to good use going forward!

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I boil for 15 minutes. The rubber on the dropper looks funny after but is fine. RO, filtered, spring water all okay, structured if you have it. Grey Goose! If you have a lot maybe I will come visit, lol!

ivegrgas

VIP Member
Registered
I boil for 15 minutes. The rubber on the dropper looks funny after but is fine. RO, filtered, spring water all okay, structured if you have it. Grey Goose! If you have a lot maybe I will come visit, lol!
Hi Dr. Jean - a follow up question. The brown vials and droppers that I have are probably 1 oz. The usual direction is to dissolve pellets in 1 cup of water (or water/alcohol mixture). Would you recommend to dissolve the pellets as directed and then transfer portion of the dissolved remedy into the brown vial? Transferring the solution increases the risk of contamination. I would prefer to dissolve the pellets in the brown vial however, I hate to admit that even after all these years, I am unsure if dissolving the pellets in less water will change their potency. But on the other hand, I do know that some energy will be lost when one discards a solution that has gotten moldy and a new solution is prepared in a new container. My thought is that the potency does not change if mixing in one ounce vs. a cup but one should do not do it in the middle of treatment. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts on this topic.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
The diluted remedies seem, in many instances, to never mold. I had people using the same bottle for months with no alcohol in it. It is fine to use the alcohol and if a pet is bothered by the taste of that small amount, use less.

Do keep studying homeopathy, as then you will see there are many opinions and approaches and dosages. Take the member benefit of the intro and intermediate classes, the book - Tutorial for Kent's Repertory, and watch all the webinars on homeopathy and the thread here in the forum.

If you really want to learn more, let me know.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom