• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

What does BEAM have to do with.....???

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff had asked me to post this on the Forum...

Koby had diarrhea and vomiting this past week. I asked Dr. Jeff if I need to get Koby SubQ fluids and if I can skip giving him Furosemide (diuretics for his heart & lungs), Dr. Jeff asked me how Koby's BEAM was. So I asked what does BEAM have to do with these?

Here's Dr. Jeff's response:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great question about BEAM!

Because dehydration, like other physiologic changes of his body are reflected by BEAM.

The reply to whether or not to get SQs is yes, if BEAM is low.

Especially if there’s any fluid loss such as with vomiting or diarrhea.

But your first step is usually a remedy redose if the last dose was helpful.

If it wasn’t helpful, then a new remedy might be needed.

Hold off on furosemide whenever there’s possible dehydration unless resting respiratory rate is elevated or moist coughing is severe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Dr. Jeff - here are some follow-up questions for you:

1)You said "physiologic changes are reflected by BEAM" - This makes sense but I'm still a bit puzzled....Koby's BEAM was pretty decent when we visited his cardiologist last time but she gave us the shocking diagnosis of his heart getting worse. (She did make a comment that what we see on the outside does NOT reflect what's on the inside...I didn't fully agree with her.) Anyway, in this case, Koby's physiologic changes are not reflected by BEAM. Can you explain further?

2) SQ fluids - in the past, you'd asked me to bring Koby to the vet for SQ Fluids after he had diarrhea and vomiting without checking his BEAM. But I'm glad you did this time because a vet visit would be very stressful for him. Thankfully, his BEAM was decent without moist coughing and increased respiratory rate this time. Do you think giving him E-Lyte in his water every day had contributed to a more speedy recovery this time?. I also wanted to add that I’m glad we could use BEAM as a guide to determine HMDM and not just strictly following conventional medicine protocols, which could end up causing further internal balance.

Thanks for your time and empowering us with more knowledge.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Christine, you're welcome! :thumbsup:

Thank you for more awe-some questions.?

1. The 4 BEAM symptoms are extremely sensitive but not always 100% accurate because it depends on the individual.

The most frequent scenario is in very serious situations like Koby with congestive heart failure from incurable structural heart dis-ease.

In some cases, like cancer, kidney failure, and 100% rupture of chordae tendinae in the heart, the vital force seems to "give up".

It's like walling off an abscess or encapsulating a tumor.

Here is another specific example where BEAM does not reflect the totality of the symptoms.

A seriously blocked male cat who is 100% and seems to be straining to "poop". But in reality he is straining to urinate and is said to be "blocked".

Male cats can develop plugs in their urethras (the tube that moves through the penis from the bladder to the outside).

2. Yes.

I know that most, if not all, processes in his body will function better with more cellular energy.

Especially since he also not oxygenating well because of his heart function.

E-Lyte increases the cellular energy he needs to heal more quickly.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you, Dr. Jeff, for the explanation.

By the way, I found this article online re homeopathic therapy for patients with cardiac pathologies:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome!

Thank *you* for posting the great article. It is now in everyone's HMDM research folder.

I am reading it through again, but George (Vithoulkas) says it all here:

The key result seen in all three cases was the preservation of general well-being

BEAM is always most important.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom