• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Vomitting raw BEEF every time

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Any advice if you find cats are vomitting up the raw beef - every time? I've tried pureeing, small chuncks, ground - yet they still vomit it up.
No issues with Chicken or Turkey so far. I'm going to try to other meat sources ie. Rabbit, Fish, .... since we want variety - right?

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Gail Pope shared: This is interesting – you say cats in the plural – correct? That’s odd that they all throw it up! I assume you are adding enzymes to the food and using good quality fresh raw beef – preferably fatty?

I think I would then plan on staying away from beef and sticking with poultry if that gives no issues….

My own cat, Sasha loves beef but I do notice that it starts to smell a little pretty quickly and so I only defrost small amounts for her and then feed any left to the dogs!

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks Gail. I have 11 cats + 1 dog. Only 2-3 of them are vomitting it up every time, but same ones. Rest are fine with beef and gobble it up like your Sasha does.

I am adding enzymes.

I also tried mixing it with Feline Instincts "My Natural Cat" supplement to get them Taurine and other nutrients.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Donna-

Since the best foods to feed vary for each individual (eat right for your "type" is based on this individuality), I would hold off on the beef for the 2-3 who vomit it.

If these kitties have any other symptoms, try some E-Lyte.

If it helps, then try the beef again to see if their overall internal balance is better from the extra energy from the E-Lyte.

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr C shared: Thanks !
For now I would just avoid the beef.
In a month, if there is no more vomiting, try beef again.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
For now I would just avoid the beef.
In a month, if there is no more vomiting, try beef again.
Dr. C

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom