• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Too late to give a remedy for vaccination?

EllyJ

Registered
Pumpkin got vaccinated a couple of months ago (triple rabies vaccine.....which I didn't approve... someone else took him). After that, he started developing more symptoms of arthritis. Is it too late to give him a remedy such as Thuja? TIA!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Elly!

No, it's not too late, but!!

If the vaccination was not the trigger (it's rarely the physiologic or energetic cause) then the Thuja may not do anything.

Truly homeopathic medicines are ideally matched to all the symptoms, and not just the trigger.

Most commonly Thuja is used like a "this for that" natural drug, not as a remedy to the holistic underlying energetic imbalance (that may have been triggered by the vaccine).

I'm not sure if this makes sense...

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Let's state this a bit differently: an effective homeopathic remedy is chosen by its aptness to the entire panoply of existing, visually apparent, symptoms. Some of these may have existed previously to the perceived insult, some may have occurred AFTER it. But if there is NO corresponding set of symptoms matching a remedy, it is likely not the best choice to redirect the system. Also, although there may be a common, identifiable set of symptoms for a condition - such as the most often - but not always - observed behaviors after a rabies vaccination, there may still be more than one remedy to consider in a given case.

There is no question, in my mind, that Thuja is used more than might be appropriate - there may be remedies that fit a particular case more closely, or the symptoms may change - with or without treatment - requiring a rethinking of the case. This is why it is best to work closely with a trained homeopath, before and after - or even in the absence of - symptoms.

So,, unless one is addressing an obvious issue, like a cut finger, a fever, or a bug bite, "this for that" will likely not be the best course of action. At the least, a trial or exigent dose might be given, followed by a thorough case-taking. So, yeah, maybe not Thuja...best to get some help with the whole case.

EllyJ

Registered
Ok, I'm going to contact a homeopath, especially because he's getting dental work done in a few weeks, and I want to make sure he has support for that as well. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom