• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Guidance on getting my 6 month old Golden Retriever a Rabies vaccine

JacquelineN

Community Member
Registered
Hello, I’m new to this forum, but not to homeopathy. I’d like to understand what I can do to ensure a safe outcome as I’m going to get our dog a rabies vaccine….she is a healthy 6 month old female, has had a first round of parvo and distemper at 7 weeks by the breeder…. at 15 weeks she had the second dose (we were late and unsure of which vet to go to) to get the second round of parvo/distemper. This vet was very conservative and said that after getting the rabies vaccine at 6 months, to get titers done to see what might be needed after this. He is thinking that this will be enough. Anyway, I’m planning to bring her for the rabies vaccine this week, but wondered about a couple of things. One is that when she got the second round of parvo/distemper, a stool sample was provided and I was called a day later to let me know that it was positive for ghiardia. I understand that part of getting vaccines safely is making sure that the dog is healthy first….would this be of concern? And should I have another stool sample checked prior to giving the rabies vaccine? I did use a homeopathic “rebalancer” after the vaccine she had last time and also gave her the Panacur, though I didn’t want to use something like that I was told that it would be the best way to get rid of the ghiardia. Would someone please recommend the product that Dr Feinman recommends before vaccination? I remember reading about it but can’t seem to find it now that I’m looking….this dog is a healthy and amazing dog per the BEAM reference. I want to keep her this way….our last Golden, who recently died of cancer, had seizures that began after a rabies vaccine, so I’m anxious about this. She eats a “gently cooked” organic diet, though I’m open to thinking about raw or other diets that would be healthy for her. Thank you for any thoughts that would be helpful.

image.jpg

HA! Support

Administrator
VIP Member
Registered
Hi Jacqueline, and thank you for making your first post!

What a beautiful girl you have there! ?

I've let @Dr. Jeff know that you've been sent some blog links regarding rabies vaccinations, and I'm sure he'll weigh in with his thoughts soon.

Kim

JacquelineN

Community Member
Registered
Hi Jacqueline, and thank you for making your first post!

What a beautiful girl you have there! ?

I've let @Dr. Jeff know that you've been sent some blog links regarding rabies vaccinations, and I'm sure he'll weigh in with his thoughts soon.

Kim
That’s great—thank you so much. ?

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
VIP Member
Hi, @JacquelineN, welcome! Our resource library has some great vaccine resources, including vaccine ebook -- definitely worth reading. You can access it here.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jacqueline and welcome to HA!

Your baby is adorable! She's got a bit of mischief in her eyes. I bet she keeps you on your toes!
I’d like to understand what I can do to ensure a safe outcome as I’m going to get our dog a rabies vaccine
Great question! The most comprehensive answer I can give is in the vaccine e-book which is in your member area.

The quick answer is to make sure she is energetically well-balanced prior to the vaccine.

The model for balance that we share is modified from the homeopathic framework and Dr. Hercu's awe-some teachings about stress (like vaccines) and strain (seen through symptom clues like BEAM and EWS):

would this be of concern?
Probably not. Tho most important is whether it was an antibody test and whether she had any symptoms from it (in this case the stressor is giardia and diarrhea/flatulence, etc. are the body's way of straining back against the stress).

should I have another stool sample checked prior to giving the rabies vaccine?
Yes!

Would someone please recommend the product that Dr Feinman recommends before vaccination?
Another great question, but there isn't one particular product. In addition to being balanced, there's a protocol of flower essence and Reiki in the vaccine resources.
I’m open to thinking about raw
Great! Feeding raw food will increase her cellular energy and healing ability (especially if it contains lots of heart and is not HPP) even more!

Feel free to ask any questions so we can best help support you both for many healthy years to come...

JacquelineN

Community Member
Registered
Thank you, Aruna, I’ll definitely read the ebook…..I appreciate the link!
Hi Jacqueline and welcome to HA!

Your baby is adorable! She's got a bit of mischief in her eyes. I bet she keeps you on your toes!

Great question! The most comprehensive answer I can give is in the vaccine e-book which is in your member area.

The quick answer is to make sure she is energetically well-balanced prior to the vaccine.

The model for balance that we share is modified from the homeopathic framework and Dr. Hercu's awe-some teachings about stress (like vaccines) and strain (seen through symptom clues like BEAM and EWS):

Probably not. Tho most important is whether it was an antibody test and whether she had any symptoms from it (in this case the stressor is giardia and diarrhea/flatulence, etc. are the body's way of straining back against the stress).

Yes!

Another great question, but there isn't one particular product. In addition to being balanced, there's a protocol of flower essence and Reiki in the vaccine resources.

Great! Feeding raw food will increase her cellular energy and healing ability (especially if it contains lots of heart and is not HPP) even more!

Feel free to ask any questions so we can best help support you both for many healthy years to come...
Hi Dr Jeff— and thank you so much for your help in answering my questions—I’ll be sure to read the ebook on vaccines, and will make sure that she is well prior to getting one. I am a long time patient of Dr Herscu’s and it’s exciting to know that your model is based on his…we are big fans and he has helped our whole family for many years. There were no symptoms associated with the giardia, so it was a little surprising to know that this was an issue. I’ll get another stool sample done to make sure it has cleared up before giving her the vaccine and I’ll also look into the resources on flower essences and reiki as you suggested. I’m feeling better about this already and being a part of this community has already been a tremendous help. Thank you again!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Jacqueline!
. I’m feeling better about this already and being a part of this community has already been a tremendous help.
Wonderful! We can't wait to see your pup grow!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Welcome, Jacqueline.

I studied with Dr. Herscu in the 80's and have interacted with he and Amy since then. Great that they are your practitioners.

With a pup, I would suggest downloading the Healthy Dog Journal to help you carefully record your case taking, including the BEAM and EWS, and continue to evaluate response to lifestyle choices and treatments (cure, palliation and suppression). And, in pretty colors, record the wonderful and positive events.

Also, if you would like to learn more about homeopathy, go to the courses we recorded. [scroll to the bottom for the courses.]

JacquelineN

Community Member
Registered
Welcome, Jacqueline.

I studied with Dr. Herscu in the 80's and have interacted with he and Amy since then. Great that they are your practitioners.

With a pup, I would suggest downloading the Healthy Dog Journal to help you carefully record your case taking, including the BEAM and EWS, and continue to evaluate response to lifestyle choices and treatments (cure, palliation and suppression). And, in pretty colors, record the wonderful and positive events.

Also, if you would like to learn more about homeopathy, go to the courses we recorded. [scroll to the bottom for the courses.]
Hi Christina: Thank you so much for your reply and for your suggestions. How nice that you’ve worked with Dr Herscu and Rothenberg—they have helped me and my family so much….I think downloading the Healthy Dog Journal is a very good idea—I find it hard to put all of these things together so writing it in one place will definitely help. I’m also going to look through all of the recordings as I have lots of questions and it seems like there a wealth of great information. Thank you again for your suggestions and your reply. I look forward to working with you in the future:) Jackie

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom