• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Supplements for thinning blood that can be used

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I would just like to ask generally... I know you all recommend homeopathy for all ills but if one wanted to use supplements to thin the blood,(humans do this all the time with success) what are some options. The ones I know about are fish oil, proteolytic enzymes like Wobenzyme, nattokinase, bromelain, curcumin. What other things can be used. AND, are there foods that can be avoided to not thicken blood further... I thought for humans that a high fat diet makes the blood sludge. Is this the same for animals? I would like to know of other supplements that can be used in addition to the ones I mention, generally speaking. Also would exercise be helpful to thin the blood or just help keep it flowing better? I know my JJ who died last year did not move much and I think he ended up with clots because he probably laid around too much and the blood was stagnant. Thanks for any input of anything I might have missed.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I would like to know of other supplements that can be used in addition to the ones I mention,
You already named the supplements that I would know about.

Maybe @Dr. Jean Hofve (who is currently away hiking in the Grand Tetons) or @Dr. Sue who know more about supplements to use or avoid.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
The Grand Tetons?? I am jealous! Yes, I am a big fan of nattokinase andn wobenzym. I think both have to be taken on an empty stomach but maybe a bit of food will be ok when giving it to a dog just to get it down. I understand not to take it with protein as it dissolves protein and you don't want it to digest your food protein. Maybe I could give it to her with apple or a bit of sauerkraut.I just read about a massage method called Effleurage (petting with a purpose). So going to try that. She LOVES petting. I have never talked to a vet and I talk to a lot of them over the years, who knew about natto so I never knew the dose that is safe either.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom