• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Blood Diarrhea BEAM Good

JamieK

VIP Member
Registered
Hi

My dog Jaxson 4 years old about 60lbs started having blood Diarrhea yesterday. He is not a dog that usually eat things he is not suppose to but you never know.

Stool is formed but very soft and wet with blood mostly in the stool that first comes out first Not to much in the rest of the stool. No vomiting and normal activity he is not acting like he does not feel good. Will drop stool sample off at vet tomorrow but wondering what I can do now to help him. I have added over cooked white rice to his food to try and stop the diarrhea but don't think that is quite enough. Thank you for any suggestions.

Jamie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Jamie!

I'm sorry to hear about Jaxon's bloody soft-formed stool.

Is it drips of bright red blood, streaks of dark blood, etc.?

How often is he pooping?

Fantastic tho that is acting well otherwise.

Maybe fast him altogether tonight and see how he does overnight.

JamieK

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff

Thank you for your response.

The blood is bright red. In his last stool it was small amount of drops at the end of him going and the stool itself was very wet and less formed. The time before that it was at the beginning of him going but the blood was in the stool and also bright red. His normal pooping routine is he poops in the am and then just before dinner. Today he has gone three times so not too out of normal.

I will fast him and see how he does tomorrow. Thank you again.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Jamie!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom