• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Complete Blood Count (T330) Very low - Cat

MeowMeow

Community Member
Registered
Hello.

My 5 yo f cat, Meow, just went for full blood testing, including two CBC blood tests. (Pee & poo came back good).

Normal CBC range is 200k. Her first test was 7k, and the second (to rule out lab error) was 11k. We sent the second to the Pathologist and they couldn’t tell us anything/see anything cleary wrong.

She is not bruising anywhere and her gums and eyes look great.

Myself, vet, and pathologist are all puzzled as to what might be going on. Her BEAM has never been better—very playful, purring, eats, cuddles, and sleeps all very well.

She had been vaccinated at birth but not fully. She eats Darwin’s raw food with added veg/supplements, like zinc, spirulina, wild blueberries, barley grass juice powder, dulse. I’ve now started to add water in her food, and increased her vitamin C to about half of an eight teaspoon.

I would appreciate any expertise that you may have. Thank you so much ?

Wilma

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Wilma!

Welcome to HA! and thanks so much for making your first post.

It sounds like Meow is saying that she's fine based on her high BEAM. ? ??

The blood test abnormalities are just signs that she needs some energetic rebalancing.

Once she is better balanced, the test results will reflect that.

I would appreciate any expertise that you may have
Sure! If you attach the blood test results I'm happy to take a look.

BTW-Were the tests run for any reason other than routine monitoring?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Dr Jeff said - The blood test abnormalities are just signs that she needs some energetic rebalancing.

How to do that are the steps we encourage everyone to take, even before there are symptoms or lab abnormalities. Even though the lab was done twice, there could be merely some temporary physical problems that will resolve on their own since she is doing so well in general. Dr. Jeff may suggest a follow up blood test in a few months if she is still vibrantly healthy.

Most importantly - find a holistic vet to work with now, so carefully read this article and follow each step

Next, for a good perspective on symptoms and energetic rebalancing, take the 5 lesson class - 101 fundamentals of holistic animal health. Another great resource is don Hamilton's book, Homeopathic Care of Cats and Dogs. Especially chapters 2 & 3. And Anitra Frazier (listen to her webinars on HA!) has a bible for cat care - the natural cat.

Dr. Christina

MeowMeow

Community Member
Registered
Thank you so much for the replies. ?
I have checked the links above, am purchasing the recommended book and will be looking for a local holistic vet. I will also check her again sometime in the near-ish future.

In the meantime, here are her blood tests, thank you kindly for reviewing them. It seems the concern were clots. In your experience, is this something that sometimes occurs with blood taking?

Also, ALBUMIN & ALT (SGPT) are high. I’m not sure if this is liver related or something also to be concerned about….? I did just add a drop of hawaiipharms alcohol free milk thistle to her food daily after these results.

Wilma

IMG_2714.jpeg

IMG_2715.jpeg

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
In the article about selecting a veterinarian, you can also look for virtual vets, especially homeopaths, if there is not a great one near you.

@Dr. Jeff will be the best to discuss the blood tests.

Dr. Christina

MeowMeow

Community Member
Registered
Hello.

The Hamilton recommended book is fantastic, btw. Every pet owner should have this. Anitra’s book is on its way too.

I don’t see low platelet/clotting in the book, but maybe it’s listed as something else (I would also get the Kindle version for easy searching, but that format isn’t offered).

Just in case this is (hopefully) only a dehydration issue, I see in the forum that it’s safe to give cats pure coconut water. So far I have given her a teaspoon today. I will continue everyday, even though she already gets celery juice (same amount).

I am researching how to check her gums again just in case, as it’s hard to see, her mouth is so small, and thought the vet had checked them already. They are naturally black though so it’s tough to really know.

Wilma

Last edited:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom