• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sulphorophane and medication interactions

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I have been giving Blossom broccoli sprouts for a few weeks and catalyn regularly, and she seems to be soaring in her energy and excitement. I don't know what else changed. I digress, I have decided to do the OSS surgery the last week of October after much deliberation and a couple conversations with the surgeon. The surgeon said he would not tell me it is ok if he thought he couldn't remove all the uterus which he called crunchy after the Pyo. I think her uterus needs to come out and they were going to do a lap spay and remove ovaries only and leave the uterus in. I thought if I gave her hormone replacement in the way of DHEA or estrogenic foods it might trigger the uterus lining to fill with fluid or encourage cysts. So that is why I decided the uterus has to go. And, if her ovaries are a problem later on in her life, then that surgery would be lap and easier. So I read that broccoli sprouts because they activate phase II detoxification there could be an interaction with medicines. Is it safe to feed her these before and after surgery? What other things should I give her--RX vitamins Clay? I thought someone told me once NOT to give a dog liver support after a surgery. I think she will be on Antibiotics and a painkiller. I do have Arnica though I can try that at home and see if it works for her.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I read that broccoli sprouts because they activate phase II detoxification there could be an interaction with medicines. Is it safe to feed her these before and after surgery?
Perhaps stop 2 days before and hold off for 2 days after.

High potency Arnica the day prior to surgery and then whenever she seems restless/uncomfortable after surgery (which effectively is a stressor like an injury):

What other things should I give her--RX vitamins Clay?
How about zeolite as discussed by Dr. Dee a few weeks ago?

Here's the highly pure and effective product that Dr. Dee advised (use the code DrDee10 for a 10% discount):

https://www.zeolitelabs.com/?ref=v24bu2zo

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I did see Dr. Dee's interview and it was really informative. (I have watched all the interviews this month so far) Will look into the zeolite for sure. I will follow the guidance for 2 days before and after her surgery. What about the drugs she takes after the surgery for 14 days I am assuming---probably antibiotics and pain meds (again, I will try the arnica but in the event she is still in pain will use the pain meds) Do the drugs given after the surgery affect the detox pathways and/or should I avoid the foods for longer if she is on drugs longer (she WILL be on the antibiotics I do know that for sure.Thanks! It will be a rough couple weeks with her having to wear the cone too.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
What about the drugs she takes after the surgery
Perhaps use the Arnica (in water) immediately after surgery and then assess her response and then use the other meds (the Arnica may reduce pain and help promote healing).
Do the drugs given after the surgery affect the detox pathways
Great question! IMHO, artificial influences of any kind can affect the body's natural responses (like detox).

The degree of the response depends on the individual's susceptibility which improves along with improving balance.

Keeping a positive mindset yourself and using the strategies you know, before surgery, will help make her less susceptible (and more resilient). Lots of happiness, sniffing, outside exposure, etc.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom