• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Suki's skin scratching, Cytopoint, and what to do?

FatimahM

Registered
Suki is doing better— eating well, a bit more energy and alertness, so she is going up and downstairs. She actually played with her childhood toy, the stuffed lamb for a few minutes yesterday which she has not done in a long time. Still a lot of bumps and scratches herself some but overall seems better—20%~25%?
Still waiting for the blood and urine test results.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
This is great news Fatimah!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Wonderful! When BEAM is better, we tolerate and merely soothe other symptoms, especially skin ones.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Excellent, Fatimah - great example of how an otherwise healthy body can push the imbalance to the outside - the skin.
Dr. Christina

FatimahM

Registered
Suki threw up in the middle of her dinner — she ate very fast which she sometimes does. She had freshly home made lamb/beef/carrots/zuchini/sweet potatoes with a sprinkle of turkey bacon and chicken Jersey tenders. She‘s had this dinner numerous times, but she has thrown up her other dinners also almost immediately after eating a numbers of times in the past. Wondering what could be causing it? I gave her some probiotics and then she ate some baked potatoes (which she likes to eat when she does not want to eat anything else) and her smoothie about an hour after the throw up.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Great response to her vomiting, Fatimah.

This is an example of why keeping a journal is so important. Tracking the frequency of the vomiting and noting the context (eating too fast, etc) each time can help you see what it needed next.

Since eating fast may be the issue rather than an underlying energy imbalance, try feeding the food spread out on a platter or tray, or using some of the specially made platters to slow down eating.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Fatimah-
she ate very fast which she sometimes does. . Wondering what could be causing it?
Eating too quickly is a common trigger for "scarf and barf"!

I love the Mine Pet Platter to slow down her eating (and make eating more fun):

Does her BEAM (or anything else) change when this happens?

FatimahM

Registered
She threw up again in the middle of her dinner last night. Gave her some probiotics and then gave her some dry food, potatoes with a sprinkle of chicken jerky plus the smoothie. She did fine with that. I will try the mine pet platter. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW!

FatimahM

Registered
I gave her food in a big platter last night and she did OK. There were not any changes I noticed other than she threw up all of her dinner she ate the two previous nights. Afterwards, she seems to recover and was acting normal. She is still holding her own. I still feel a lot of bumps and scabs and she is still itching, but not to the point of breaking her skin. She has a bit more energy than before - maybe 20% better and her weepy eyes are a bit better also as well as her mood. We are still experiencing the ”red tide” so that might be affecting her in some ways.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Excellent that she is 20% better and that the platter might have helped.

It is important, actually, to be more quantified on energy because when she is better 20-25% one week (3/31) and 20% (4/5) another it is hard to compare. Is she now 45% better than in January or February? I would use a scale of 1-10 with 10 being puppy energy. And be specific - does or does not: jump on furniture, run, trot, walk, ok on steps up or down; hills; clear perky eyes and head and ears; gets up from sleeping easily,....etc. The more specific you can be the more you can evaluate trends and how the treatments you select are helping. If she is continuing to be more energetic (not just plateaued) it would still be good even if the skin is broken open some.

While she is not critical is the best time to assemble your health care team and begin to learn some energy healing you can offer. Have you read the article on selecting a holistic veterinarian? That may be your next step.

Dr. Christina

FatimahM

Registered
Thank you Dr. Christina. I am working with Dr. Jeff, but are you suggesting I find another holistic vet that does energy healing?
Suki‘s BEAM in general is about 3 or 4 out of 10 at this point. She has been worse so she is a bit better than when she was at a 2 with extreme itching with broken skin, not eating, spending 90% of her time curled up.
She does take small walks (5 min a couple of times a day) but is not eager to go down the stairs - most of the time, she just won’t go down, unless I carry her down. She did better when we first gave her the Thuja 30C. (Almost 2 weeks ago). She did come up and down the stairs without much prodding. Now, her skin is getting worse again (at about a 3) with some broken skin, but she is eating well (likes eating off her new plate) and is slightly more active (3 or 4) than before the Thuja. We have family visiting with lots of kids so that might be helping her to be a bit more active. She did play a little with her toy after dinner (she ran to fetch her lamb a few times) - that would be like a 5 or 6.
I am going to start the allergy support capsules again and see if that helps with the itching and the red inflamed eyes. I am planning to have my 15 min. consultation with Dr Jeff soon once I get the free code for April.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I am planning to have my 15 min. consultation with Dr Jeff soon once I get the free code for April.
Hi Fatimah. I thin the code was sent 4/1 and will be in tonight's recording email. Maybe schedule a call for 3 or 330 this Thursday.

@aruna I'd also appreciate if you send Fatimah the code.

Fatimah, ideally please also schedule a full 30 minute recheck in 2 weeks.

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
All-Access Member
Hi Fatimah. I thin the code was sent 4/1 and will be in tonight's recording email. Maybe schedule a call for 3 or 330 this Thursday.

@aruna I'd also appreciate if you send Fatimah the code.

Fatimah, ideally please also schedule a full 30 minute recheck in 2 weeks.
Fatimah, I emailed you as soon as you sent us your email a few hours ago. I will add my reply to the conversation on the forum as well.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks as always Aruna! 😍

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
You certainly have a ways to go. Be patient. Report on all the symptoms in your journal daily, including BEAM, and things going on (like the kids there), then watch for trends.
Dr. Christina

FatimahM

Registered
This is a repeat of the email I sent because I could not log in before.

I wanted to report to you before I left for my retreat tomorrow about Suki since she took the 2 doses of the Thuja 30C.
I did not notice much of a change when I gave the first dose on Thurs. so I gave her another dose on Fri. Since then she seems to be slightly worse — energy is about the same as before 3 - 4. But the itching is definitely worse. The new symptom is the redness on her belly side — it’s red specks all over the underside of her body which is far worse than I have seen before in addition to the scabs and bumps all over her body. She definitely is not feeling too good as she is spending more time just lying around and does not want to go out or down the stairs. Her eyes are also red and inflamed and has a bit difficulty opening her left eye. I did take her to the beach with the family on Sunday and had her in the water for a short while. I am wondering if that triggered the rash on her body more? In the past, she would have these types of rashes after swimming, but never to this extent as it is now. Today seems to be a bit worse than yesterday. I have been using the lumasoothe, the IOnbox and the allergy capsules.
Please advise. Thank you!

FatimahM

Registered
Dr Jeff,
She has also started to shiver this evening and is not stopping. She has done this before and at that time, I gave her some rescue remedy and that finally stopped it. There has been no incident that would trigger any fear or upset or anything. She ate half of her dinner and after about an hour, I picked her up and she screamed like she was hurting but there has not been any incident. I noticed then that she was shivering. It’s been over half an hour and she is still shivering. Please advise. Thank you! I leave around 10 am tomorrow.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom