• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sore kitty gums

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Hi Dr J, just as a follow up to our conversation earlier today, I gave Merc Sol 30C to Phaedra. I think fighting WWll might have been easier! I hope she at least got some of the remedy. She did not eat tonight. She wanted to but I expect her gums hurt too much.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Bonnie. Let's see if she eats a bit, or if her breath is better, tomorrow or Wednesday.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
This morning, Phaedra ate some small pieces of chicken plus lapped up a quarter cup of tuna juice (white tuna in water) One odd thing though, last night she meowed constantly at the door of the linen closet which I always keep closed. She has never done this before. She was still doing this during the morning but is now sleeping. I haven't had the opportunity to smell her breath as yet but her whole demeanour indicates she is a happier kitty and definitely is experiencing less pain in her gums.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic that she's better!

Here's how I would interpret the unusual meowing.

One effect of there only being one underlying dis-ease is that as it shifts, multiple internal and external symptoms may also change.

Any odd symptoms should not persist if this is a curative reaction. If they do, that's her body guiding us to a new remedy.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Well, unfortunately, we seem to have regressed somewhat. While she is hungry, Phaedra is having issues eating again. . . violent head shaking like she is trying to dislodge something from her mouth and lots of drooling. This started this morning as I was getting everyone's breakfast together. I gave her some liquid from the chicken which she lapped up but vomited everything back up within half an hour.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sounds like time for a 10 succussion redose.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Hi Dr J. Just for a follow-up with Phaedra. Her gum sensitivity was so great I decided to give her 1 dose of Hypericum 200C and no other remedy. That was Thursday last week. She is Better! Gum pain is gone, appetite back to normal, scarfing down her food. She still has bad scaling on her teeth so I will set up an appointment for a descaling next week. Giving her the Hypericum was sort of a last-ditch effort to help her with her discomfort and while 200C might be a bit strong, it worked.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Depending on the sensitivity of the animal, any potency can be perfect. She had already been dosed with remedies with no apparent sensitivity, so 200c was a good choice.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom