• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Shichon puppy diet and frequent vomit of yellow discharge

StephanieC

All-Access Member
Registered
Cooper (7mo) is a relaxed and happy/playful puppy who doesn’t seem to be too driven by food. Until a month or more ago he was more like a 2-3 meals a day and reasonably regular diet of fresh food. Since the last month or so his food intake has slightly reduced, which isn’t surprising…. but he no longer eats during the day till late late afternoon and times into early/late evening. He will get a good intake of fresh food (farmers dog + home made boiled meat/veggies and periodically soft boiled egg). His weight is normal, and BEAM is normal even when he hasn’t eaten the whole day. He remains playful. Very social in his demeanor, esp. with other dogs. When we offer him food, he will go to it…almost take a bite, but wont go for it. He scratches the door where knows treats are located. eventually he will eat later in the day. So we know he wants to eat but its a battle of wills and he will eventually cave but his first food intake is really late sat around 4pm. At times he just doesnt want the food and will turn away when offered. He eventually makes up by eating a good meal around 6:30-7:00pm. He gets a little treat at times of natural freeze dried chicken pattie post. I am told as dogs get older closer to 1 meal a day is mot a bad thing but Coopers food is very irregular. Dr Jeff had suggested follow his lead on his food. I wanted to give some background ahead of the question of vomit.

More recently - in the last couple weeks- he has vomited small amounts of yellow colored liquid (photo attached). We have seen this at all times. Overnight once or even afternoon or morning. This has happened 3x in the last 2 weeks. No specific pattern of the day I can identify from my diary. We were thinking its acidity? May be because he chews on grass? Is it due to his long food gaps?

I have my HMDM with @drjeff but wanted to get any feedback?

4A69181F-ED50-4A82-BDE6-442D49200C1C.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Mike-

Great questions! Both the irregular eating and episodic foamy vomiting are common. Especially the meal irregularity in a pup who is not food motivated.

Have you offered any raw meats, or other foods?

What happens if you don't offer Cooper food unless he asks, or even fast him for a day (or more)?

The occasional spitting up and food irregularity may indicate some internal energetic shifts which can resolve with energetic-based remedies, like in homeopathy.

Were there any vet visits or other changes last month before this started?

Have you used any probiotics like Mitomax or Rx Biotics?

You might also want to consider starting to work with a vet homeopath like @dr_ judy herman or Dr. Adriana Sagrera to nip any potential problems in the bud.

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Have you tried giving some natural food that is really gentle on the stomach for a while, like white fish?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Some 1:1 vet homeopaths who could work together with Dr. Trish:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom