• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Seeking individualized remedy for pup with constant diarrhea

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
I’ve not tried ASEA. Have you found it has a beneficial effect?

I used to put eggshell calcium in the cats’ food, based on the idea that you need as much calcium as phosphorus to properly metabolise phosphorus and maintain bone, but I got nervous about the potential downside of excess calcium and stopped it. I’m not 100% sold on the idea that in the wild animals get a minimum 1:1 ratio of calcium to phosphorus by eating loads of bones. I know calcium deficiency can be a problem in horses who just eat grasses but I’m not aware of much evidence that cats and dogs need to to load up on calcium. But I’m pretty sure too much calcium is a problem in the human diet.

My new theory is that the ratio of nutrients present in the cells of the meat is probably the approximate ratio of nutrients an animal needs, given that the cells are where the nutrients are needed in their correct ratios. If there’s only a bit of calcium in the meat, I reckon an animal only needs a bit of calcium.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
I have tried ASEA on myself in the past but I stopped but then I recently tried it again and I saw noticeable difference - I have chronic nasal congestion and it cleared my nose after just one shot of it (it tasted bad to me; but I was told the taste varies depending on each individual). When I get itchy eyes from seasonal allergies, I spray ASEA on my eye area then the itching stopped. I hope I can resume ASEA for Hope soon.

Yes I think a calcium overload is not good for both human and all types of animals. I think as long as we feed them a variety of food, we shouldn't worry too much about the lack of it. Anchovies and sardines with bones in would be a good source, right?

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
I guess so, although I always avoid bones, in case they get stuck in the throat. But oily fish have loads of other benefits too, and those ones are low in mercury.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@EdwinA - I gave Hope 1/2 piece of skinless and boneless sardine (in water) this morning and she loved it :) Thanks for reminding me about giving fish. I have a question for you - for the mineral supplements, do we have to be concerned about giving it too much? do you give that every day? Have you used IonBiome?

I'm happy to report that Hope's stool is firm, two days in a row! @Dr. Jeff

However, I will be posting separately about another issue....

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Amazing! Such good news.

I wouldn’t worry about the fulvic/humic minerals because it’s low dose but highly bioavailable - it’s basically old earth juice, rich in all the mineral ions from decomposed plants. It’s like shilajit, which is prized in Ayurveda. But I think one should periodically pause all supplements anyway, or even only give them periodically.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@dr Jeff - Hope’s soft stool had returned. Her last dose of Pulsatilla 30c 10/Q-Tip was on 6/24. Slight change to her diet - changed protein to cooling duck and quail. Should I dose her again, and possibly with more succussion? BEAM has been consistent.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
That's a great idea Christine (possibly with 15 succ. vs. 10).

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom