• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sebaceous cyst on skin

ckraham

Community Member
Registered
One of my dogs has what the vets think is a sebaceous cyst on her skin. I had it looked at to make sure it was not mast cell, etc. It appeared a few moths ago. She does aggravate it so it will bleed a little--not a flow of blood, but just very red. I learned the hard way not to touch it (it initially was under the skin and I thought it was a boil and tried compressing it and using a drawing salve and aggravated it). Because it does not seem to be going away, I am trying to figure out what to do...and pay attention to the fact that her body is telling us something.
She has not responded much to homeopathy in the past (for trying to help with false pregnancies) and was eventually spayed (I guess that is suppressive too?) and I feel like it would be good to try to find the right remedy or protocol for her so I can keep her healthy. She does not have oily skin, which lost of the client dogs with these cysts do have, but has a tendency to "boils" (which would sometimes empty after a dose of pulsatilla).

Do these things ever clear up on their own? (I mean, with homeopathy, etc--as opposed to surgery). In client dogs who have had them removed, they usually come back--a few for every one removed.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Absolutely, Cassandra, these cysts resolve with homeopathy.

When the vital force can push any imbalance to the outside - on the skin - it is very important not to stop/cut off that symptom.

Tune in when you are grounded, to see if homeopathy is the best for ____ (who is this?), or if there is another energetic approach to rebalance her and allow the cyst to resolve.

Dr. Christina

ckraham

Community Member
Registered
Thank you. It is Samarah (you may remember her..."Pulsatilla Queen"...used to gather eleven stuffed animals as her babies with false pregnanices and I eventually spayed because it was emotionally very hard on her). I am assuming spaying was suppressive in and of itself.). The most emotionally sensitive of my dogs. I know she should be having fewer essences...I admit to not having taken the time to focus on which ones. I guess it is time. And a homeopathic work up would be good as she has other stuff (heart murmur, dirty teeth because wants to guard bone rather than chew).
Don't know if I mentioned but previously, when given pulsatilla for a week straight, all of her pus filled little balls she had on her skin erupted (this is not a pus filled ball). I am not sure that is her remedy now but will see...

Thank you!

I miss you!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
maybe look at relationship of remedies in back of Kent, or Abdur Rehman's whole book on remedy relationship. Possibly silica?

Since she guards bones, what about chicken or turkey necks - less likely to guard. Or hunks of heart meat or tough chuck steak?
Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom