• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Ruptured Gallbladder & Liver Cancer

H

hudsonthehusky

Hello, my 7 year old Siberian Husky, Hudson, began getting very ill about 4 weeks ago. After a week and three vets later it was finally found that his gallbladder had ruptured and he was going septic. He was taken in for emergency surgery and his gallbladder was removed. Over that week, he had multiple sonograms and they found some questionable looking masses on his liver, spleen, and possibly kidneys. They retrieved a couple biopsies from his liver tissue but they were unable to do anything with the spleen as his platelets were extremely low and he was at high risk of bleeding out. Yesterday we got the results back for the liver biopsy and it is cancerous (I will email those results as soon as I receive them). Hudson seems to have recovered from the gallbladder removal surgery well and seems to be in good spirits. I am looking for any help you can give me on treatment to help him. Thanks

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian

What a challenge for you and Hudson, Crystal. I am glad he is recovering well from surgery and is in good spirits. One of the most important things you can do now, while you are waiting for your appointment with Dr. Jeff, collecting information and deciding what to do next is to fully enjoy Hudson. Play with him, massage him, short walks or drives...do anything you have time for that he loves. Too often we get caught up in the crisis and medical treatments that we forget to find the joy. This is important for him as well as your whole family. Health is a journey with many twists that does always end at some point, so enjoying every moment (good and bad) is very important.

One thing we teach here are the 3 steps of the HMDM - Holistic Medical Decision Making - process. Step one is to decide on your goal - Stop the current symptom(s) or work to re-balance the energy field so the symptom resolves along with improved health. With Hudson, you definitely needed to stop his symptom as the gall bladder had ruptured. Now you are moving towards building health.

Step 2 is doing research, which you have started by becoming a member of the Holistic Actions Academy. When loving an animal with cancer, your research on the internet or with conventional veterinarians may produce some scary information. For now, see everything as information. There are several health building steps you may want to consider now. One is feeding a fresh food diet with very clean ingredients, preferably from local farms who do not use GMO or glyphosate on their farms.

Another key is to be sure that none of the veterinarians who are helping you with Hudson give any vaccines at this time. I do not think they would when a dog is clearly not well, but sometimes they do.

You may want to look for a local person, or someone you know, who is trained to give Reiki as this can help everyone in the family during this time and is 100% safe. https://www.animalreikisource.com/how-reiki-can-help-your-dog-fight-cancer/ is from Kathleen Prasad’s site and gives you a healing meditation. She can also do long distance reiki for Hudson.

Since he was used to eating a raw food diet, his decrease in appetite could be because he wants more vital food. Fresh food is always best to build vitality, so I would suggest feeding him what he likes best that is fresh and organic.

I do not want to overwhelm you with too much information right now.

Step 3 is to take a breath, remember your goal, and ponder the different information you have gotten. Decide on your one next step. Then do it.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Crystal-

Hudson's biopsy shows that his type of liver cancer is "indolent and rarely metastasizes". That's great news as it means that his heightened vitality can keep it in check.

But even more important than the biopsy, how are his <a href="http://www.holisticactions.com/beam" rel="noopener" target="_blank">BEAM</a> symptoms?

Dr. Jeff

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom