• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Monk parrot suspected of tumor health care

TangZ

Registered
  1. Create one forum thread per pet. If you have more than one case, create a thread for each animal.-Monk parrot has tumorYour pet's name
  2. Approximate age-Xiaobao
  3. Sex-4 and a half years old
  4. Neutering status-girl
  5. Breed-No ligation issues
  6. Approximate weight-II laid nine eggs in March this year, but there was no mating.
  7. What's their BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood)-The current weight is 92 grams, and it was 98 grams in September.
  8. Diet-Lethargy, poor mental condition, decreased activity, poor appetite, restlessness and discomfort at night, making weak sounds. I used to rest on higher branches, but now squats in the corner, and my foot support becomes worse.
  9. Vaccination history / exposure to toxins, other medication-Currently, cereals are the main ingredient, with grapes or willows added every day, and occasionally apples.
  10. Primary problem, when it began and if there was anything else happening around that time-In the past, I would chew metal shavings in the birdcage. I don’t know if this was mainly responsible for the tumor. Now I am given Chinese medicine.
  11. Is the condition better or worse from exercise, heat, cold, time of day, certain foods, emotional upset, being touched, excitement, etc?-In August, I found it hiding in the corner of the birdcage, unable to rest peacefully on the wooden pole. In September, its good friend, another Autumn Grass Parrot, passed away. It was very sad, and its mental state was even worse. It was lethargic, and the doctor said I took an X-ray and found a suspected tumor above my kidney. I was prescribed liver-strengthening and choleretic drugs. My urine had a smell. However, my condition did not improve and I gradually lost weight, from 98 grams to 92 grams. By December , another X-ray was taken, and the suspected tumor did not disappear, nor did it increase in size. How can I strengthen his appetite and reduce his discomfort? Can it help him recover from health?
  12. Has any diagnostic work been done? Diagnosis if available (you can attach your diagnostic tests to the post if you have them)-It rarely moves, but will crawl in the birdcage. Sometimes it suddenly wants to fly, but the frequency is about twice a week, not much. In August, the air conditioner will be turned on to maintain a temperature of 27 degrees in summer. Now the room temperature is 23 degrees in winter. Its cage has 30 degrees is an acceptable temperature for him. I originally wanted to gain weight and fed him cereal flour, but I found that he was more restless at night, so I stopped feeding him. He likes to eat willow dices, grapes, and honey.
  13. Current and previous treatment-At present, it is difficult for doctors to judge his symptoms. They have to take X-rays
  14. Other health concerns-I used to take potions that strengthen the liver and promote gallbladder, but the effect was not great. Now I use traditional Chinese medicine that promotes blood circulation, removes blood stasis and replenishes qi, and the condition of hiding in corners is gradually improved.
    @Dr. Jeff ,@Dr. Christina ,@Dr. Sara can you help me please

S__140476422.jpg

S__140476419.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi. Tang!

Welcome to HA! and I'm so sorry to hear about Xiaobao's health challenge.??
How can I strengthen his appetite and reduce his discomfort? Can it help him recover from health?
Perhaps a dose of Ignatia 30c would be helpful. In most countries it is a readily available in health food stores, Amazon, etc.

@dr_ judy herman may have other ideas as she works more with the birds at:

TangZ

Registered
Hi. Tang!

Welcome to HA! and I'm so sorry to hear about Xiaobao's health challenge.??

Perhaps a dose of Ignatia 30c would be helpful. In most countries it is a readily available in health food stores, Amazon, etc.

@dr_ judy herman may have other ideas as she works more with the birds at:

Thank you for your reply and your valuable opinion

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Tang!

dr_ judy herman

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Hello, Tang.
I am so sorry Xiaobao is so sick. You did mention a few symptoms that help finding a remedy that may help. It is difficult when our patients can't tell us exactly how they feel. The homeopathic remedy, calcarea carbonica, may give her some relief. I would not stop what you are doing but add a low potency daily. If you can find a 6C, I would then take a pellet and dissolve it in a cup of water. Each day stir this cup and give Xialbao a few drops. If you see an improvement but then stops, increase the number of doses a day. Good luck.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom