• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Repertories for animals

M

merrynb

What are the best, easily available repertories for animals?

Are there any that are species-specific? (cats in my case)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Merryn-

The New World Vet Repertory by Drs. Pitcairn and Jensen is the latest and most complete one available. It is is based on the Boger-Boenninghausen human repertory.

There are other mini-repertories and I believe there is at least one or two from our European colleagues (I will check on this).

George Macleod has some small ones in his species-specific books. Dr. Christina may know others.

However, they are not at all complete. Omitting important information is one big danger of any repertory. That's why the bottom line is always the Materia Medica (the original remedy info).

They are all based on proving information from humans (this is a case where the medicines that we use in animals are tested on people!).

Your best bet is to learn how to adapt the human info to animals.

For example, kitty front legs are equivalent to human upper extremities ("arms").

We discuss this in much more detail in the Describing Symptoms and Understanding Dis-eases: Thinking in Rubrics classes from last summer. The 3 videos (~90 minutes each) are archived in your member area.
I'll also see if Dr. Christina has other info. to share.

Dr. Jeff

M

merrynb

Thank you once again Jeff, I really appreciate your thorough and helpful responses which give me plenty of avenues to pursue : )

from Merryn

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom