• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Puppy was bit by a sick dog

PatriciaH

VIP Member
Registered
My puppy was bit by a sick dog. Its an elderly dog with lots of tumors. Not sure if it had had its rabies vaccine or not. What to watch for? I have been doing sound therapy on my puppy and have used hydrogen peroxide to cleanse and colloidal silver to medicate. I took him in to get his nails clipped and the groomer shaved it back so I could keep an eye on it. She said I should take him to the vet regardless but I'm thinking to let nature do its thing. Just want to make sure I know what to look for in case its not healing properly. I'm guessing red, inflamed skin around the puncture? Or oozing? None of that going on and its been 2 1/2 days.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy Patricia. :confused:

Has he had any BEAM changes since the bite? That's mainly what you need to watch for.

Yes in addition, local signs of inflammation are what to watch for.IMAGE inflammation signs.jpg

You also may want to start hot compressing the area 3x a day followed by aloe vera gel massaged into the area.

A vet exam is a good idea to monitor healing (it should be much better by now).

PatriciaH

VIP Member
Registered
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy Patricia. :confused:

Has he had any BEAM changes since the bite? That's mainly what you need to watch for.

Yes in addition, local signs of inflammation are what to watch for.IMAGE inflammation signs.jpg

You also may want to start hot compressing the area 3x a day followed by aloe vera gel massaged into the area.

A vet exam is a good idea to monitor healing (it should be much better by now).

Thanks!
No change.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom