• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Preventative

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
In order of preference what are the best flea/tick preventatives? I have used Bug off tablets, Earth animal internal powder, bug zone tag and Wondercide spray. (Not all at the same time). I would like to narrow it down. Also best item to put on if a tick is found and removed?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Judy.

Let's start with your last question.

Use Path Away after a tick is removed. Especially if the area is red, swollen, or warm.

Now regarding the best flea preventatives it depends on the individual. Some essential oils or other natural products work well on one individual, but not another.

The very best natural preventative IMO is internal energetic balance.

The better the balance, the less attractive to fleas and ticks.

Then an essential oil based on effect which is determined by body chemistry.

Neem oil, rose geranium, lavender, etc. are all very useful.

As you know, I use several in my practice starting with the combination of natural oils in Dermoscent spot on that is primarily designed to help skin balance and decrease skin problems but also has a flea/tick repelling effect.

Here's what it is:

The innovative formula of Essential 6® spot-on is subjected to rigorous selection of the 100% natural active ingredients: a synergy of 10 essential oils (clove, camphor, gaultheria, rosemary, curcuma, oregano, lavender, peppermint, tea tree and cedar), hemp oil and neem oil, rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin E.

I start with internal energetic treatment using homeopathy and optimizing vitality and balance using practical pranayama for pets combined with 0 BugZone (previously called Shoo Tag):

In addition, essential oil expert Dr. Melissa Shelton of animalEO will be with us in a few weeks to help provide further context and answer questions.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom