• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Possible poisoning

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
AAK, my kitten just ingested a doxazosin tablet (4 ml) this happened about 5 minutes ago. He had already swallowed it before I realized he had done so. What, if anything is going to happen? Doxazosin is used for enlarged prostate issues and secondary issues of high blood pressure (it is my husband's med) I will contact poison control in the meantime

Last edited:

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Update on pill popping kitty. I found the offending pill, he did not eat it, rather shot the pill into the back of the pill drawer. Finding the pill, of course, happened after I dropped the requested fee on the poison control folks who really did not tell me anything I did not know already regarding the affects of this medication. They were unable to offer any specific help beyond suggesting I monitor the kitty. Good thing I found the pill, it would have been a sleepless night. It does serve as a warning however, as you must keep an eye on your pet when putting people meds together. One moment of inattention is all it takes. In my case, I was wrestling with a pill bottle lid that refused to open and had placed the Doxazosin tablet on the bathroom counter. Thor found it.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
That's great that you found the pill!

Sorry about the angst caused by the uncertainty (until you found it).??

I'm glad you called poison control right away (but sorry about the wasted $). ??

Yes, this is a great reminder to be mindful whenever handling medications.

Ingestion of just one stray pill can cause a big problem.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom