• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Possible GI/IBD in cat (Inflammatory Bowel disease)

C

Christie

I think I realize what might be wrong with my cat. His stomach has been sensitive in the past. Recently, I was mixing around canned foods with him to see what he likes best. It backfired, vomiting / inflamed bowels happened. I'm guessing this is IBD.

Anthony William suggests probiotics and "BIXBI Digestion Organic Pet Superfood" for digestion issues. Is this what I should use to help him? I was already using his suggested "Mary Ruth's probiotic for cats".

Are there certain ingredients I should be aware of in canned cat food? I know citric acid is no good for digestion. But there are gums added too and they are in everything. Is there a preferred cat food to use? He loves his Blue Buffalo Freedom cans that I should exclusively stick to I think. Even though I can see they are BPA lined. :(

Thanks!

Christie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi @Christie and sorry for the slow response. :panic:

There are many potentially useful supplements and healing foods as you know from Anthony's work.

You may however want to ficus on the specific symptom clues that his body is giving you.

Are you working with a vet (or people) homeopath?

If not, do you have a Kent's repertory where you can start to individualize.

Will your kitty eat fresh or raw food?

How long has his sensitive stomach issue been going on?

C

Christie

Hi Dr Jeff. No worries. I’m patient :)

I’ve noticed over the years slight sensitivity to certain foods like canned salmon sometimes he’ll throw up.

Not working with anyone as they’ll give me a perscrip diet with too many NO ingredients. I just ordered some Halo canned cat food for sensitive stomachs. Giving that a try.

He seems back to normal so I’m nervous to change his food up again as it’s what triggered him.

I do give tiny dusting of Ester C and dried kelp bits plus probiotics. Hopefully none of these irritate the stomach at all? Plus one wild blueberry:)?

We have two kittens joining our family this week:cat2::cat2: and a freezer of Darwin’s for them. Maybe Pepper could try it as well?
Thank you!
Christie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, Fantastic Christie!

Congratulations on your two new babies. :snowman:

Yes, small amounts of Darwin's mixed in the Halo would be great.

Vitamin C in any form can be irritating to the stomach, though Ester C is better tolerated in sensitive stomach situations (yes, I love alliteration).

Kelp and especially wild blueberries are great.

Have you tried celery juice (separate from the food)?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom