• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Poisoning by gluten in celiac dis-ease?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

I want to share a current self-experiment.

For background, I was diagnosed with celiac dis-ease in December 1989 and have been strictly gluten-free since then.

Recently, my celiac antibodies were below detectable levels. This is expected when eating gluten-free.

However, on 3/3 I unknowingly ate several wheat crackers. This was more gluten than I have eaten in the past 25+ years.

No ill effects (or external symptoms) since then. However I am planning to test my antibody level (an internal symptom) again in order to confirm my continued gluten <strong>sensitivity</strong> sensitivity and celiac.

Why do I want to confirm this?

<em>Because by increasing vitality and balance with homeopathy this sensitivity decreases.</em>

This situation helps highlight the difference between a true poisoning and an <strong>individual reaction</strong> of a <strong>susceptible</strong> being to any external influence.

A poison will have the same toxic effect in all individuals (albeit at different doses based on individuality). Whether they are sensitive to it or not.

This is relevant to any seemingly allergic pet. An allergen is usually not toxic, but can be. A potentially fatal peanut allergy is just one example.

The trigger (in this case gluten) should not be the focus of your therapy.

Instead, work on decreasing individual sensitivity and susceptibility.

The Holistic Essentials Increase internal health and can reduce (and even stop altogether) that sensitivity by normalizing balance of the vital force and immune system.

I discuss this more in relation to sensitivity to garlic and onions in <a href="http://certifiedvethomeopath.com/are-garlic-and-onions-poisonous-to-dogs-and-cats/" rel="noopener" target="_blank">this article</a>.

This concept of susceptibility (sensitivity) to environmental influences is what allows living being to survive.

I'll let you know how high my gluten antibodies come back.

Dr. Jeff

beccak

VIP Member
Pet Professional
Registered
WOW!!
I look forward to hearing how things move forward.
Be careful with you, you are one of my most treasured!
Becca

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Becca.

Here's my update.

5 days after this potentially toxic exposure (which was similar to exposure to any infectious agent like parvo) I had my celiac and gluten antibodies tested.

Why? Because I wanted to recheck my current <a href="https://www.holisticactions.com/forums/topic/susceptibility-sensitivity/" rel="noopener" target="_blank">susceptibility</a> to this "incurable" dis-ease. Similar to running antibody titers for distemper or parvo.

I'll let you know what I find.

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yup. Results just in.

All celiac and gluten test normal!

I also sent them to my internist who called today.

She was very surprised by the results, and couldn't explain them. When I pressed her, she just said that apparently my celiac has just "burned itself out".

What others call spontaneous remission.

I say just more evidence of the power of vitality, balance and homeopathy.

She suggested going off my gluten-free diet and challenging myself more.

Better yet (IMO) is to continue healthful, vital, varied eating + homeopathy. Exactly as we advise for your pets.

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Congratulations, Dr. Jeff!!

This brings up a question I had from Dr. Dodds talk for the empower hour.

It seems she said that you could not re-introduce "allergins" even after the tests were normal. Did I misunderstand her thinking.

My perspective has always been that once healed, as often happens with homeopathy, you will have normal tests and can eat that which caused problems in the past.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom