• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Kidney Dis-Ease in Cat

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Are you still working regularly with Dr. Hermans for homeopathic treatment?
maybe need to switch back to Dr. Jeff?

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Tammi-

That's quite a big drop in blood count since 10/1/22. Is that why the vet thinks there might be an ulcer?

If not, do you know how the ulcer was diagnosed?

No, there probably won't be any benefit from giving B12.

Letting Chewey gnaw on raw chicken necks that you are holding, would be my first choice for cleaning his teeth.

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr. Christina, @Dr. Christina
I am on the waiting list for Dr. Anna Hermans. I was supposed to have an appointment with her but I found out she does not do holistic work at my vets office, she just fills in to help. Her holistic work is done at her own location so I had to fill out a wait list form. :0(

Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Jeff
The vet thinks there is an ulcer because Chewey has black tarry stool along with the blood decrease. It is a little better than it has been as maybe we are improving slowly but when it is not tar like it is still black and solid. So we are not improving drastically of any nature.

I can let Chewey raw on raw chicken necks. I will figure out where to find those babies! Thank you.

:0)
Tammi

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Oh, man! What a LUCKY cat! That stroller is fantastic, and I believe will help his vitality to a huge degree.

The allergies will calm down as his overall picture progresses; they are a tiny part of his presentation. You're doing great by him!

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Maybe start using the Vimergy B12 every day (have you had his B12, Mg, or vit D checked?). Have you tried organic liver (raw or cooked) recently?

Also, he hhd a super big drop in blood count since Oct. Probably more than just from his stable kidney dis-ease. Are you seeing any bleeding (in urine, discharges, vomit, etc.)?

Yes:

It may provide useful info, but is not essential. The main downside is expense

Perhaps keep them the same for now (except the B12).

The amount you're giving is perfect.

The black poop may be digested blood from an ulcer. That would also explain the blood count drop. Perhaps see if you can get 2-5ml of organic aloe juice into him twice/day.

HA! I'm biased!! But seriously Tammi, I do think energetic treatment is a good idea. I think Dr. Herman (who is an excellent homeopath) is right in your area for an in-person visit. Or if you'd prefer to set virtual time up with me, you know what to do...

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello!
Chewey used to see Dr. Jeff but has not in a little while. Chewey was diagnosed with Kidney disease from my regular Vet located near me. I have started going through the Modules in the Resource Library and will continue.

Chewey is a long haired american MALE,
Birthdate: 7.24.2008 - He is going to be 15 this July

In the meantime, Chewey is anemic. The vet said Chewey's kidney values are pretty stable. The phosphorus is down so that is great: the naraquin is helping. He is anemic though, so adding an iron containing vitamin would be helpful: HiVite is a brand she mentioned and then to recheck in 3 months unless anything changes.

Here is what Chewey is currently eating, supplements and meds. . .
Raw food diet but he is SOOOOOO picky now. I have had to add freeze dried chicken and spread a small slather of canned cat food on his food often to get him to eat his pills and now to eat the raw. :0( Tigger has become the same, my other cat.

He still likes butter and salty things, is still licking stainless steel at times and paper with ink on it but less than he used to.
I do have Nux Vomica which I dose him with when he throws up which has not been often except for.....recently a few times in the last few weeks. He is better when he gets a dose for a bit. Example 2.14 Chewey threw up clear liquid and a little hair.

He does not like any fish, Turkey except for freeze dried for some reason. No pumpkin, eggs, baby food, etc. I am going to try many baby foods to see if I can get him off the canned and use baby food to help him eat his pills with the raw underneath. He used to love Wyman's Blueberry juice but....you guessed it, not anymore! I think the tuna or fish in the canned foods may be bothering him.

Azodyl - am and pm - I have been able to get just about 100% of every dose in him for at least 2 months now straight.
Naraquin - am and pm with Azo - Same as Azodyl above
Cerenia - when he was throwing up daily or several times a week but he hasn't done that in over 2 months or more!
Vetri Science - Perio Support - He has a darker back tooth and has gingivitis and plaque build up. He had teeth cleaning 2 years ago and definitely NOT putting him through that now. 1/4 teaspoon per meal about 2-3 meals a day since our visit in January to vet.

Vimergy Propolis 3 drops 2x a week
Vimergy B12 3 drops 2x a week
Vimergy Zinc 3 drops 2x a week
Animal Essentials Colon Rescue .50 with at least 3 of his 5 to 6 meals a day and at times more and at times little less for like 2 months
Four Leaf Rover PROTECT Pro and Prebiotics a pinch daily and we achieve this most days but not so much in past week because he is being even more picky with food.
Vimergy Barley Grass Juice Powder pinch in food daily
Vimergy Spirulina Pinch in food for a week and then we switched back to Barley Grass Juice - Did this to help iron
Thorvin Icelandic Kelp a little tiny sprinkle on food usually daily
Vimergy Micro-C he consumes 1 capsule within 2 to 3 days
Metamucil a 2 finger pinch in about 3 meals a day. This has been GREAT! He has always had issues with constipation and this has kept him consistent DAILY! Tho he has had 9 inch and 10 inch poops from it at times but the vet said she would rather see that then constipation. It definitely helps him get hair out! So, we haven't had a hairball barf in probably 1 in 2 months or so! EXCELLENT! I do realize there is some internal imbalance that he has to be on that to poop daily but....... it's helping!

With that said.....

** Anemia - What ELSE can I do to assist with this issue???

** Is there a raw food for Kidney Disease? I read it somewhere one day and couldn't find it again. Are there foods we should steer clear of with the canned food that I smear like butter on his regular food to get him to eat his pills sometimes???? I just ordered VIVA RAW online to have them try because they both don't seem to want any of the foods they have had before! Stressful!!!

** We did Nutri Scan one time before and Chewey's came back allergic to everything so she thought food was maybe stuck in his mouth. Should I try to do this again??? I gave him a food recently that had sardines in it but I didn't know because the front of the Weruva label said beef but the ingredient was sardine and he hasn't been right since about 2 weeks ago that time roughly.

** What supplements should I add to help support him or STOP from the list above?

** How much Vitamin C is good for him to be on because my regular vet said it can lead to stones ( I believe this is what she said so she didn't recommend doing it)

** He WAS getting pretty playful at night and actually trotting to chase freeze dried treats and chase the red pointer light as well as finding treats in his sniff mat and me chasing him playing tag and of course 4 or 5 times a day I have to hold him and walk with him in my arms for anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes depending upon how much he wants to make my back achy! Haaaa! He loves it! HOWEVER, in past week or a little more maybe he is not as playful, sleeping a lot, so picky with food, and when he does eat, he is not eating the portions he was. He is now waking me up 2-3 times a night to eat. Yip, sleep deprived COMPLETELY over here! BUT, keeping weight on him is so important! It is VERY DIFFICULT when he doesn't want to eat what I have given him tho at 3am. :0(

** His poop is black, does Azodyl do that?

** Should I continue on my own or is this a case of "yes, Tammi, definitely start up with Dr. Jeff again immediately".

Thanks so much!
:0)
Tammi Lee

20230216_203649.jpg

20230216_204126.jpg

20230216_204156.jpg

20230216_204203.jpg

20230216_203756.jpg

20230216_203804.jpg

20230216_203812.jpg

20230216_203818.jpg
Tammi, you’re such a good fur mama. I recall reading somewhere that the corn free lipsomal vit c by Lipo Naturals is better for cats than micro c. Do you follow Medical Medium? I noticed you mentioned wymams blueberry juice and the vimergy Supplements. Are you on IG? Maybe you can ask Dr. Jeff about the vitamin C thing.

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
@TammiL I came across your post after reading a recent HA! email newsletter about 2023 most read blogs, etc. and when I saw yours was about kitty and kidney disease (which I am dealing with, with my almost 14 year old kitty Bella) I had to read the thread! Bella too now has anemia and I had an appt with Dr Herman already (via call) and she suggested I get Bella on raw beef (I had been preparing a time intensive home made cooked diet per a vet nutritionist however, by speaking with the HA team, I have put Bella back on commercially prepared raw and hopefully will see some changes with her RBC count soon. I am using a standard process supplement called Rena Food per Dr. Herman but am interested in Dr. Hofvre's recommendation of Spleen Desiccated. Will discuss that at next appt with Dr. Herman. I am sure by now with length of time passed since your post, you have seen her. How is Chewey doing? BTW I bought a pet stroller that Dr. Jean had recommended on HA (avail through Amazon), and I loved your pictures! I am hoping Bella and her sister Maya will let me try pushing them in the stroller. I think Bella won't be a willing participant but am hopeful her sister will. :)

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Stroller sounds like a great idea.
If Bella does not like it, would she be willing to just sit with you outside (hmmm...maybe you live in winter area), or sit by an open window, or let you hold her and walk outside?

Be sure to keep Dr. Herman posted with any changes and have a follow up appointment scheduled after each phone visit. Keeping the forward movement is very important.

Also you may want to download the Healthy Cat Journal and create a binder for each cat. This helps so much to track symptoms in response to any treatments, as you also write in pretty colors the sweet, fun, happy times.

And review the different energy treatment webinars (reiki, webb, bengston, eden energy, ttouch, acupressure, etc). These work great with homeopathy and are very preventative, too. Joan Ranquet teaches many different classes on these modalities.

Dr. Christina

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
Stroller sounds like a great idea.
If Bella does not like it, would she be willing to just sit with you outside (hmmm...maybe you live in winter area), or sit by an open window, or let you hold her and walk outside?

Be sure to keep Dr. Herman posted with any changes and have a follow up appointment scheduled after each phone visit. Keeping the forward movement is very important.

Also you may want to download the Healthy Cat Journal and create a binder for each cat. This helps so much to track symptoms in response to any treatments, as you also write in pretty colors the sweet, fun, happy times.

And review the different energy treatment webinars (reiki, webb, bengston, eden energy, ttouch, acupressure, etc). These work great with homeopathy and are very preventative, too. Joan Ranquet teaches many different classes on these modalities.

Dr. Christina
@Dr. Christina hello! Actually I will be purchasing a catio (I spoke about this to Dr. Jeff on a call a few months ago) for the Spring when I can sit near her and read outside. Her and her sister Maya I think would finally enjoy some time outside in the suburbs watching our birds at the feeder and basking in the sun and fresh air. She already enjoys snuggling in my arms as I eat breakfast and sit right next to our kitchen window with views of the bird feeder. She does her "clucking" as I call it. LOL. I do use your healthy cat journal and actually added into it today. Bella is having an uptick in very large hairballs on a regular basis lately unfortunately. And I'll be following up with Dr. Herman in a few weeks. ;) Thank you for your response!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Bella is having an uptick in very large hairballs on a regular basis lately unfortunately
This could be a good sign if she recently had a homeopathic medicine and especially if her BEAM sore is better.

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
On the Spleen, I had a cat with hemophilia and Addison's disease (a real train wreck, but sweet boy!), raw beef and Spleen tablets were extremely helpful. He ate the Spleen as treats, loved them--guess he knew he needed them!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom